My Juvenile Chick broke her wing PLEASE HELP 😭

In your bedroom?! Take them out at once. Baby chickens also can carry mites and I am speaking from experience. We raised our one day old 15 🐥 in the kitchen and by week 3 we developed an itch and mini bumps on our skin, we got chicken lice and believe me, you don’t want that problem right in your bedroom. Needless to say our cute chickens were transferred to the coop ready or not.
I don’t really think this is related to OPs problem.
Mites are transferred from outside and other birds with it. I’m pretty sure you would have had other birds with it to begin with for that to happen.
Anyway, maybe lets focus on treating OPs bird instead of a possible mite problem that probably won’t happen.

I don’t really think this is related to OPs problem.
Mites are transferred from outside and other birds with it. I’m pretty sure you would have had other birds with it to begin with for that to happen.
Anyway, maybe lets focus on treating OPs bird instead of a possible mite problem that probably won’t happen.
Exactly! And I usually (always) know when one has mites

UPDATE:
Muffin is doing great. It's almost time to take her bandages off. I'm still going to wait for 1 more week just to be safe. Thank you for the support.😊
Also.... I'm sorry for not being so active. I've been more focused on Muffin. I've been monitoring her and taking notes.
Thanks for the update! I'm glad to know she's doing well :)

There has been no recent activity from two parties that populated bulk of thread during first night. It does not appear to be a thread where meaningful input is desired.
I actually would like to say something here.

When i make a thread of a sick bird, sometimes it takes a while for me to respond after the first day. Sometimes people are busy, they read it, they accept the info. There does not need to be a “okay thank you” for each response. People can come back to it, however long it takes, when they feel ready to answer it. Especially with something so heartbreaking as this, it’s a lot to go through. Please understand people may take a while to respond, whatever the reason might be, all we can do is give proper information and guidance, when they choose to respond is up to them.

And the “bulk“ of thread your referring to for the first night is probably due to the fact they needed the most help the first night.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
Muffin is doing great. It's almost time to take her bandages off. I'm still going to wait for 1 more week just to be safe. Thank you for the support.😊
Also.... I'm sorry for not being so active. I've been more focused on Muffin. I've been monitoring her and taking notes.
I’m so glad she’s doing well.

It’s no problem at all. You shouldn’t feel the need to give daily updates or daily responses to messages. We are here to help you and guide you through whatever. This is a lot going on and it’s perfectly fine that you need time to monitor her, that’s the best thing you can be doing.

I’m so glad she’s doing well.

It’s no problem at all. You shouldn’t feel the need to give daily updates or daily responses to messages. We are here to help you and guide you through whatever. This is a lot going on and it’s perfectly fine that you need time to monitor her, that’s the best thing you can be doing.
I know....but I felt obligated to let people know how she's doing. It's to give my mind some sort of peace.

I like this community. It feels so welcoming and comforting like a little community looking after each other. Also, I get to learn more about chickens and even tell some people about chickens.

Back
Top Bottom