My Leghorn Flogged my little Girl

Eat him. I have two aggressive roosters and their days are numbered! If either of them came close to my daughter, I'd do it myself! Poor little girl
sad.png
I feel for her, I've been scared of my roosters all summer.

Check the BYC index again. You will find an excellent answer under, Eggs, Chicken and Other Favorite Recipes.

Why on earth would you even think of keeping a rooster who hurt your child?

As a nurse I've never quite understood why parents are telling us what a nice pet it usually is, never done this before, etc while we are putting back together beautiful children who have been attacked by pets. (Including the ferrett who chewed on a 1 wk old infant). If you brought your daughter to the ER a second time with an injury from this roo I would have a legal obligation to report you for endangering your child. Some professionals would have done it the first time. But as someone who raises chickens I do understand how this could happen ONCE!

My Aunt Red had RIR's that used to chase me and peck my feet as soon as I walked in the back. I was 12. It has taken me until 41 to get chickens.I am getting (get this) RIR chicks in 2 weeks. No roos. The purpose of the story is I myself have loving, helpful little ones whose heart would break if a chicken charged them. Fry him up and get a little Serama roo.

I think I'd be eatin' me a rooster tonight. Your little girl comes first, and I would not allow her to be hurt or to develop potential lifelong fear of chickens (or other animals) by letting that rooster flog her.

Back
Top Bottom