My leukemia's back.

I make an awesome potato salad. Sometimes when I'm not trying to please anyone but myself, I use blue cheese dressing. But, fresh dug potatoes, dill, chives, parsley, all from the garden, fresh eggs, and just the right blend of oil dressing, mayo and spicy mustard... that can be a meal all by it's self. When I use my "All Red" potatoes, people comment on how clever I am to put diced ham in my potato salad! Oh how deceptive the human mind is!

Lazy gardener, Definitely, YOU should bring the potato salad.
Blue cheese sounds wonderful!
I might do that tonight, it would go well with the baked beans.

Rachel, we have always been a three dog home. It works out well. The older dogs teach the younger dogs- well, so far that has worked, but this golden has not quite grown a full brain yet-
anyway, It will be good.
Eve misses you and she is just acting out because she does not know what has happened to you. Has she seen you on skype yet? have you talked to her on the phone?
That might help.

Yeah, I thought Roscoe would teach Eve....not so much. To give him credit, though, I think he tried but her deafness confused him and he thought she was ignoring him and being a punk. So he tore her ears up. Not the best teacher.

Haven't talked to anyone at home this am. Pup will have to be outside with the other two all day as all the guys have school all day. We'll see how things are when Sugar Monkey gets home.

Does Eve do sign language? It took us a long time to realize we had a deaf dog because he just followed the herd, and they could hear.
We thought he was just being a poot, but he was just being deaf.
Although, If he saw you he would quickly look away because it wasn't disobeying if he never saw the hand signals.

Hi All,
Now you all have me thinking of ASL signing, picnic, dancing and potatoes salad! Then with my brain filled with those thoughts I read "looks like we have a new dog..... it was found..with a fawn and white dog". I kept thinking a fawn (newborn deer)AND a white dog were found together?? How does one care for a fawn? What about the dog? Finally got it right...fawn (as in color) and white dog. Just glad my visual pictures in my brain don't fly out as reality because all of that would have been a really odd mix!
Bringing fresh cut German Irises for the table.
[/IMG]

Hi All,
Now you all have me thinking of ASL signing, picnic, dancing and potatoes salad! Then with my brain filled with those thoughts I read "looks like we have a new dog..... it was found..with a fawn and white dog". I kept thinking a fawn (newborn deer)AND a white dog were found together?? How does one care for a fawn? What about the dog? Finally got it right...fawn (as in color) and white dog. Just glad my visual pictures in my brain don't fly out as reality because all of that would have been a really odd mix!
Bringing fresh cut German Irises for the table.
[/IMG]

I'm here, I'm here. Sour, how was your trial?

Mixed. They had 19 entries and we worked until 4 PM to jump enough rabbits to finish first series. In second series we walked for 70 minutes and never started a rabbit. It was decided to move the trial to my home club and complete second series today at 7 AM. I had mega leg cramps last night. Today a young male of mine 'little Dale' won the trial. I stayed and helped them complete a class of 25 thirteen inch females today. Color me tired.
hugs.gif
for Rachel.

Sounds like no tater salad from Sour, he's too tired. Bet you enjoyed yourself, though.

I was teaching Eve hand signals. She's actually very responsive and eager to please, you just have to get her attention. Since she's not completely deaf, a loud whistle or clap usually does that.

Honey's on his way home so we'll see how the new pup fared. He woke Honey up to go out last night, so he's at least partially housebroken, thank goodness.

I loved the fawn and the white dog...my brain does things like that all the time. If my Honey found a fawn, my guys would be trying to raise it up for meat. We do love some venison....

Back
Top Bottom