My leukemia's back.

That makes all the sense in the world. Why go out and buy what you can make at home? Especially, when you know that what ever you cook up in your bator is gonna be better than what you can buy at the store!

Well, isn't that a surprise.
gig.gif

Listen, Missy....
smack.gif

Another girl chick! One more each bantam and large egg to hatch, no pips or anything yet so they might not make it. This would be 5 of 7, that would make me happy. I'll move them to the brooder tonight. I've got 19 eggs to set once this hatch is done, plus whatever the ladies lay tomorrow. Then I'll (probably) be done hatching for the year. Eggs are expensive at the store, and the ladies are slowing down so we'll probably just eat them. probably.

Good morning everyone!

Rachel, congrats on the hatch...5 out of 7 sounds great
thumbsup.gif

Looks like another rainy day here in north/central FL. A good day for bug breeding (like we need more). I'm beginning to look like I have chicken pox with all the bites. I can look at the bright side...I must taste good!

Going to run a bunch of errands and I have a new peanut butter chocolate freezer pie recipe to try out today.

Have a great day!

Quote: The above quote is NorthFlChick's. I guess see got edited when I shortened her post. Sorry!

My son called last night and asked how everything was going.
I was about to speak and then he burst in with 'Wait, let me guess! It is still Hot, raining, and steamy!" there was silence on the phone and then I said, "you are never coming home again, are you?"
"NOPE!" and then... "lets see how I hold up after eight months of winter."
He'll be back.

Last edited:
Honey, you've got to let us know how the pie turns out, and post a recipe! That sounds wonderful.

Moved the chicks to the brooder today. Loving that heating pad cave!

Honey found someone who is going to the big poultry swap in Corvallis next month and has offered to take birds to sell. I'm going to talk to her about taking my quad of dark Cornish, and see if she thinks it would be worthwhile to take my excess cockerels. I don't have pullets to send, I want to keep them all right now cause of the price of eggs. I'll sell some off in the spring, probably. But I'd love to have that pen freed up for another project
smile.png

"But I'd love to have that pen freed up for another project
smile.png
"

Hmm, Rachel has something up her sleeve me thinks. ha ha ha

My son called last night and asked how everything was going.
I was about to speak and then he burst in with 'Wait, let me guess! It is still Hot, raining, and steamy!" there was silence on the phone and then I said, "you are never coming home again, are you?"
"NOPE!" and then... "lets see how I hold up after eight months of winter."
He'll be back.
He'll be back. And probably bring a friend or two. Desperate for sun, no snow and above freezing temps. Don't you worry...he'll be back.

Back
Top Bottom