My leukemia's back.

I got the cheapest container, some fancy vases cost over a thousand, and no visitation or burial service. That costs thousands.
That makes sense. It sounds perfect.

Have you made any decisions about what to do with your ashes? I don’t really care where mine go. I told my kids to keep mine around for awhile & not make any hard decisions while they’re grieving. I think that’s one of the major advantages of cremation. They can decide at a less stressful time what they want to do.

That makes sense. It sounds perfect.

Have you made any decisions about what to do with your ashes? I don’t really care where mine go. I told my kids to keep mine around for awhile & not make any hard decisions while they’re grieving. I think that’s one of the major advantages of cremation. They can decide at a less stressful time what they want to do.
My nieces can do whatever with me LOL. I currently think they can dump me on the homestead, I'm 4th gen here. But never know what will be then

On a side note : My Dad has already shown my b-i-l the exact location where he wants his ashes buried. I kinda know where, but my dad isn't very inclusive on hunting stuff with his daughter and it is a hunting stand location from when he was a kid. BIL is male so he gets more info, certain stuff is just not a females place. I hunted with Dad for over 10 years before BIL joined us and I got pushed aside without pause.

On a side note : My Dad has already shown my b-i-l the exact location where he wants his ashes buried. I kinda know where, but my dad isn't very inclusive on hunting stuff with his daughter and it is a hunting stand location from when he was a kid. BIL is male so he gets more info, certain stuff is just not a females place. I hunted with Dad for over 10 years before BIL joined us and I got pushed aside without pause.
That hurts... impressively

:hugs

Here, it used to be that you could go to the crematorium, and arrange for the body to be taken directly there from the hospital, or a home, and they would cremate the remains. It was between $500.00 to $600.00 to have it done that way. The crematorium would fill out, and send in the paperwork, then you'd go to the Bureau of Vital Statistics here, and tell them how many copies of the death certificate you wanted, and pay for the docket stamps. Many churchgoers would have a memorial service at their church, with a picture of the deceased, and sometimes an urn with the ashes on a table, with some flowers. Typically, you would pay a donation to the pastor for the service, like done when a pastor officiates a wedding.

A few years back, they passed laws here, and changed things. Now, you HAVE to go through a funeral home, and there are cremation packages, similar to burial packages. Bare bones is a little over $2,000.00. There seems to be quite a bit of money in the funeral business.

We all know where he's at, and it's on the plot map, if anyone outside the family is interested in finding him.
Since they discovered an existing body, did they put up a headstone for that person, even if it only says "anonymous"?

I got the cheapest container, some fancy vases cost over a thousand, and no visitation or burial service. That costs thousands.
Can't afford to die!!!!

not make any hard decisions while they’re grieving.
Hmmm, seems you are making assumptions ;)

:oops:

Oh, I’d be so mad I‘d have forced my way along just for spite! And outhunted them besides!!

Back
Top Bottom