My Little Buffy Died Today

BellaBlueBell

Songster
Apr 4, 2020
Central PA
Buffy was a buff orp, a year old. I found her dead in the run this afternoon. No signs of illness or trauma. She was fine yesterday. She always liked sitting on my lap and I held her yesterday several times. Eyes were bright and clear, poop normal, same as the other two girls. I read online about Chicken Sudden Death Syndrome and that's all I can guess at right now.

Anyone have this happen?

She was my favorite girl :(

Buffy was a buff orp, a year old. I found her dead in the run this afternoon. No signs of illness or trauma. She was fine yesterday. She always liked sitting on my lap and I held her yesterday several times. Eyes were bright and clear, poop normal, same as the other two girls. I read online about Chicken Sudden Death Syndrome and that's all I can guess at right now.

Anyone have this happen?

I am so sorry to hear about Fluffy :( I don’t know anything that would help you. I just wanted to express my condolences.

I am sorry for the loss of your Buffy. I have a flock of 14 and occasionally will find a hen dead with no warning or signs of illness.

I’ve had this happen once before. So sorry about Buffy.:hugs Hopefully it was quick and painless. I’m sure you gave her the best life possible.

Anyone have this happen?

So sorry for your sudden loss. I've only lost one hen to egg yolk peritonitis 1 1/2 years ago. She was 2 years old and died in my arms. Our chickens certainly all have their unique personalities, don't they? My Light Brahma was the sweetest and most docile. I still miss her.

Back
Top Bottom