my little chicken Warts... Hen?

First I would soak the feet in some epsom salt , to cleanse the feet. You want to loosen the dirt, some of it I am sure is scabs, be gentle. There are several steps to take, but I need to look around in some older post because I honestly forgot! I know some antibiotic ointment will be needed. You are going to have to wash every day and do your best to keep the feet in a dry area/ clean area to heal.

thats why i posted pics of his feet, to see if anyone could help me out and tell me what to do!!!
I’m glad you shared the photo , it does allow us to help :). Stay positive we are just surprised by the look, but we are definitely here to help and lend our advice. Others I’m sure will chime in and I’m going to see if I can find the post that suggests steps.

A very warm foot soak, 20 minutes daily. You will know it's not too hot if you can place your hand and wrist in the water and keep it there without discomfort. Add Epsom salt to the water if you have it as it is beneficial. If you don't have it, don't sweat it. Start this daily routine as soon as you can, firmly, yet gently drying his feet from the top of his legs down towards his toes with a terry cloth rag (going with the grain of his scales). Your image posted shows that he's got the bumble on both feet. You are hoping that the scabs will pop off after his soaking so that you can get to the underlying infection without drawing blood. If you're lucky enough to have scab come off during/after his soaking, give the open wound a good squeeze (while wearing rubber gloves) to remove the cheesy pus within. Rinse the wound, pack it with triple antibiotic without pain reliever and gently fashion him a bootie with sports tape (sticks to itself great, but won't stick to his skin). Do not bind the bandage too tight, you don't want to cut off his circulation. He's young, his prognosis is good, but I question if their roost might be too high off of the ground and that he may have (could continue to) injure it when he hops down in the mornings.

There’s a lot of information. Here’s a recent post, with some helpful information.

here’s a post
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ugh-bumblefoot….1484158/

Ebony rose - also put some good advice :)

Back
Top Bottom