My little flock!

I've noticed I've been down a few eggs this past week and looked everyone for where they may be laying. Well, found two stashes in the middle of this big bush :barnieNaughty chickens.. everyone was using the nest boxes so well. I guess they are going to get the lock up treatment!
20210402_151303.jpg
20210402_150458.jpg

Stash #1. I couldn't get to stash #2. Pretty sure there is another nesting spot somewhere as I have only been getting 1 BCM egg from my two BCMs 🤦‍♀️

I've noticed I've been down a few eggs this past week and looked everyone for where they may be laying. Well, found two stashes in the middle of this big bush :barnieNaughty chickens.. everyone was using the nest boxes so well. I guess they are going to get the lock up treatment! View attachment 2596776View attachment 2596775
Stash #1. I couldn't get to stash #2. Pretty sure there is another nesting spot somewhere as I have only been getting 1 BCM egg from my two BCMs 🤦‍♀️
Sorry for laughing...my Banty's rarely used the nesting boxes, it was always an Easter egg hunt. Once in a while my big girls will lay outside of their boxes. I hope you can get them retrained! 😊

Sorry for laughing...my Banty's rarely used the nesting boxes, it was always an Easter egg hunt. Once in a while my big girls will lay outside of their boxes. I hope you can get them retrained! 😊
It made me laugh. Crazy chickens! So funny how one day they decide laying somewhere else is a better idea. Thank you!

Yes I got all of them! It's snowing here today so I'm going to leave them locked up for a bit to see if they will lay in the nest box :fl
Not snow...when will you see the last of that?
While we were gone my son said he was only bringing in 5-6 eggs a day, before I left I was bringing in 8-10, so I need to go out & see if they decided to lay somewhere else or if some of them are just slacking off!

Not snow...when will you see the last of that?
While we were gone my son said he was only bringing in 5-6 eggs a day, before I left I was bringing in 8-10, so I need to go out & see if they decided to lay somewhere else or if some of them are just slacking off!
Hopefully this will be the last of it! It's rather depressing after 70+ degrees yesterday. Oh no! Well I sure hope you can figure it out. Let's hope they are laying elsewhere and not slacking off :D

Hopefully this will be the last of it! It's rather depressing after 70+ degrees yesterday. Oh no! Well I sure hope you can figure it out. Let's hope they are laying elsewhere and not slacking off :D
Wow, 70 to snow, that's from one extreme to the next! I hope it's almost done for you.

I haven't gone out to check...hubs made sure everyone was doing okay & he brought in 4 eggs earlier. We worked on the underlayment for our new tile & that wiped me out. I've never been this sick from flying before, so I'm wondering if I caught something else. I'm now relaxing & I'll check on the flock when I feel better.

Did your hen make it through the weekend?

Wow, 70 to snow, that's from one extreme to the next! I hope it's almost done for you.

I haven't gone out to check...hubs made sure everyone was doing okay & he brought in 4 eggs earlier. We worked on the underlayment for our new tile & that wiped me out. I've never been this sick from flying before, so I'm wondering if I caught something else. I'm now relaxing & I'll check on the flock when I feel better.

Did your hen make it through the weekend?
I'm so sorry, Rene :hugsI hope you feel better soon. Flying can really drag you down sometimes.

Yes, she did make it. I put her down this morning and dropped her off to the vet. It was no fun having to cull her myself but I'm glad that it is done now. Hopefully it won't take too long to get the results!

Back
Top Bottom