My little flock!

I have not treated for coccidiosis. It might be worth a shot! I think you have treated for it before, correct?

They seem to be exhibiting Mereks symptoms. However, a lot of different chicken diseases have many of the same symptoms. It starts with them not laying, comb turning pale, weight loss, stiffness then eventually they can't walk anymore. She eats, drinks and tries to keep up free ranging with the rest but her body is giving out. The Green Queen that died had really green poop too but so far I haven't seen that with this chicken. It's just really strange and I have no clue what is going on!
Yes, it's really easy to treat for. If they have it they go downhill pretty fast, so that might not be what's going on in your flock. It still wouldn't hurt to try though. I used Corid. I have a one gallon waterer that I use and I remove any other water. I can find the dosage for you. I can't remember if you need to stop using the eggs when you treat them. You could separate her from the rest, so she's the only one being treated!

That's so sad, poor girl!

Yes, it's really easy to treat for. If they have it they go downhill pretty fast, so that might not be what's going on in your flock. It still wouldn't hurt to try though. I used Corid. I have a one gallon waterer that I use and I remove any other water. I can find the dosage for you. I can't remember if you need to stop using the eggs when you treat them. You could separate her from the rest, so she's the only one being treated!

That's so sad, poor girl!
Definitely might not hurt to try! I did order Fish Mox to try out too. We will see what happens! Thankfully the others seem to be doing just fine. I'll try to get some updated pictures of them today!

Definitely might not hurt to try! I did order Fish Mox to try out too. We will see what happens! Thankfully the others seem to be doing just fine. I'll try to get some updated pictures of them today!
I would love to see them!💞 It's so hard to diagnose! I've been fortunate so far in being able to treat with good results. Let me know how it goes!

Beautiful day for a dust bath ☀️
20210331_140515.jpg
20210331_140544.jpg
20210331_140621.jpg

I love when they do this! These are great pics Rei!💗
How is your hen doing?
It is so fun to watch!

She will still eat, drink, free range with the others but I can tell she's not doing very well. I'm trying to keep her alive until Monday then I will put her down. The lab said it would be best to ship Monday since they do not collect mail on the weekends. I'm hoping she will make until then otherwise I won't be able to send her for a necropsy :hmm

It is so fun to watch!

She will still eat, drink, free range with the others but I can tell she's not doing very well. I'm trying to keep her alive until Monday then I will put her down. The lab said it would be best to ship Monday since they do not collect mail on the weekends. I'm hoping she will make until then otherwise I won't be able to send her for a necropsy :hmm
I'm sad you're going to lose her. I hope she makes it until Monday & they can figure out what is going on. Hopefully it isn't Marek's! 🙁

Back
Top Bottom