My little Nando just will not grow! Update: He's found a forever home!

My little runt is still small, but feathering out great. Much better than yours, I was shocked by the photo comparison.

What about trying hard boiled eggs for extra protein? That might boost feather growth.

Quote:
I tried separating her to give her special foods, but she would get so distraught, she wouldn't eat them. Now that she has her own space, I'm going to try to give her a better variety of foods. Maybe I'll HB and egg now!

I would make sure it is not to warm for her.. if you keep it too warm or warm all the time they will not feather properly..I give my chicks a mix of turkey and game fowl with the chick starter higher protein.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness!
ep.gif
It's like she just got stuck or her growing hormones got stopped up!
I hope she does well! I hope you can find her a little playmate.

I have the same thing. X2. George is a sizzle that is half the size of her siblings and is a year old now. She's the smallest hen I have. I also hatched out some ducks all on the same day and I have 2 left and one of them is not even half the size of the other. Here they are at their pond.

5112011046.jpg

By emvickrey at 2011-05-18

Cute little duck! I think I'm developing a thing for the runts around here. So cute. I made a video of my chickens and coops. Everything is really a mess since I haven't done a big spring clean yet, but it is what it is. You can see little Nan in action. She's having a good day as she gets to spend the day outside with her sisters.
Thanks for watching and all the well wishes for Nan. I'll continue to update on her condition. I really don't expect her to make it into adulthood, but she's tough, so you never know. Please feel free to post stories and pictures of your 'littles' on here to. It's great to know Nan is not alone in her special needs...

OK, I know you are all probably sick of hearing about little Nan, but thought I'd share a couple of cute pictures of her with her new friends. She looks so happy to have friends her own size (even if they are 8 weeks younger than her!) Chicken math strikes again...

Nan - 8 weeks, Edna and Helen - days old:
75545_img_0236.jpg

Now doesn't she look content? Nan on left, Edna on right:
75545_img_0232.jpg

Adorable.

Not sick of hearing about Nan at all - I am hooked on this story and very much want to hear how it works out. I really hope she doesn't get outgrown by ANOTHER generation of youngsters!
jumpy.gif

I hope you'll keep us all posted with more pics and updates!

If anybody is tired of hearing about Nan, they can stay the
rant.gif
out of the thread!
wink.png

We love Nan updates. Thank for posting them. I'm so glad she has some little friends now.

Back
Top Bottom