I think I have solved the mystery of several day’s worth of one missing duck egg. Also, to the days of missing eggs, add a couple of days of one of the eggs being cracked. Yep!

Yesterday morning when I let the quackers out, I bent over to get the eggs and the two eggs that were there had yolk all over them. :eek: I believe I have an egg eating duck or two. And the cracked eggs, thinking back on it, looked like a duck’s bill had cracked it. I looked really, really good and found no egg shell remnants. They sure do a good job of cleaning up the evidence.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I don’t think so. Needless to say this upsets me.
I don't think so! My ducks here don't even eat the »drake-eggs« (shell-less eggs)!
Do you have crows in your area? - Once they figure out that there's eggs, they steal them in an instance: Dear crows, this means war‼

We just bought Wyze camera 26$ and can check in on my phone anytime run photos or live video with date/time stamp. Love it!
I looked into the Wyze cameras, yes they are dirt-cheap, but: Without a connection to their server in the internet they don't work! And i don't want to offer any company an opportunity to spy on me.

I don't think so! My ducks here don't even eat the »drake-eggs« (shell-less eggs)!
Do you have crows in your area? - Once they figure out that there's eggs, they steal them in an instance: Dear crows, this means war‼
There are some crows around, but there’s no way they could get to the eggs. I get the eggs as soon as I open the ducks’ door to let them out.

I’m going to put this game camera in there for tonight and, if I’m lucky, we’ll see just what’s going on.

There are some crows around, but there’s no way they could get to the eggs. I get the eggs as soon as I open the ducks’ door to let them out.

I’m going to put this game camera in there for tonight and, if I’m lucky, we’ll see just what’s going on.
The last thing on that camera you will see before the image goes black is a duck-bill! :lau

Well, I struck out big time on the game camera idea!

First of all, the camera wasn’t pointing far enough DOWN!

I set it to take 3 pics at a time — NOPE!

It only took a total of four pictures...all night long!
And they weren’t GOOD pictures at that!

And, the date was wrong! I’m pretty sure I set it right.

I will try again tonight! Oh, and there were only two eggs again this morning. Detective work is exhausting!

I will try again tonight! Oh, and there were only two eggs again this morning. Detective work is exhausting!
Good luck, Jane Bond 007.5

You did nothing wrong! It is them, those dang ducks!
First they kicked the camera up, then they pushed the reset button - you know that hidden button behind the tiny hole… they used a thin straw to push it.
:lau

Back
Top Bottom