My mom is having surgery today

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
My mother is having surgery today and I've been so stressed lately that I've been losing a lot of sleep. She keeps assuring me that it will be fine but I still end up having panic attacks.

At the time of writing this up, it's just about 2am.

I've also been stress eating and getting bad stomach aches.

I had planned on either sleeping all day or walking over to Wilco when it gets light out to look at the chicks/ducks/goslings they have to keep my mind off of it.

Anything you can suggest to help keep my mind off of it?

You are a worrier. I used to be much worse of a worrier than I am today but I'm pretty darn sure I'm a lot older than you. It takes a long time to let that kind of thing go.
I read a sign once that stated "Worrying is like paying on a debt you might not owe".
Worrying is very hard to control. However, if you really grasp that saying, you realize you are worrying about something that you have zero control over and will hopefully be just fine.
Do you jog or workout? If you push your body physically, you will be forced to think of something else like the burning in your lungs and legs. That used to help me when I could still run. And it will be better for you than stress eating and giving yourself stomach aches.
I hope everything goes well for your Mom and your family. :hugs

I agree with DobieLover...distraction works for me too. Gardening, house cleaning, cleaning the coop, etc. will give you something else to think about and keep you busy so the time until you hear how your mom's surgery turns out will go faster.

Best wishes to you & your mom :hugs

You are a worrier. I used to be much worse of a worrier than I am today but I'm pretty darn sure I'm a lot older than you. It takes a long time to let that kind of thing go.
I read a sign once that stated "Worrying is like paying on a debt you might not owe".
Worrying is very hard to control. However, if you really grasp that saying, you realize you are worrying about something that you have zero control over and will hopefully be just fine.
Do you jog or workout? If you push your body physically, you will be forced to think of something else like the burning in your lungs and legs. That used to help me when I could still run. And it will be better for you than stress eating and giving yourself stomach aches.
I hope everything goes well for your Mom and your family. :hugs
I usually go for 1.1 mile walks into town whenever it isn't raining which is what I had planned on doing today.
We still haven't heard anything yet, my dad hasn't texted any of us yet on what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom