My mom is having surgery today

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by KikiDeAnime, Apr 11, 2019.

1. KikiDeAnime

KikiDeAnime Songster

Dec 29, 2017
    Battle Ground, WA
    My mother is having surgery today and I've been so stressed lately that I've been losing a lot of sleep. She keeps assuring me that it will be fine but I still end up having panic attacks.

At the time of writing this up, it's just about 2am.

I've also been stress eating and getting bad stomach aches.

I had planned on either sleeping all day or walking over to Wilco when it gets light out to look at the chicks/ducks/goslings they have to keep my mind off of it.

Anything you can suggest to help keep my mind off of it?

2. Brahmachicken240

Brahmachicken240 Crossing the Road

Dec 26, 2018
    Ireland
    Hope everything goes well :hugs

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  3. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    You are a worrier. I used to be much worse of a worrier than I am today but I'm pretty darn sure I'm a lot older than you. It takes a long time to let that kind of thing go.
    I read a sign once that stated "Worrying is like paying on a debt you might not owe".
    Worrying is very hard to control. However, if you really grasp that saying, you realize you are worrying about something that you have zero control over and will hopefully be just fine.
    Do you jog or workout? If you push your body physically, you will be forced to think of something else like the burning in your lungs and legs. That used to help me when I could still run. And it will be better for you than stress eating and giving yourself stomach aches.
    I hope everything goes well for your Mom and your family. :hugs

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia John 3:16

:hugs Bless your heart hoping all goes well!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  5. N F C

N F C Champion

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I agree with DobieLover...distraction works for me too. Gardening, house cleaning, cleaning the coop, etc. will give you something else to think about and keep you busy so the time until you hear how your mom's surgery turns out will go faster.

Best wishes to you & your mom :hugs

6. KikiDeAnime

KikiDeAnime Songster

Dec 29, 2017
    Battle Ground, WA
    I usually go for 1.1 mile walks into town whenever it isn't raining which is what I had planned on doing today.
    We still haven't heard anything yet, my dad hasn't texted any of us yet on what's going on.

7. herman 48

herman 48 Songster

Jun 9, 2017
    My best wishes to your Mom, your dad and you. I, too, am a chronic, incurable worrier, and understand how you feel. Pray. It will really help you and, I believe, your mother.

8. A_Fowl_Guy

A_Fowl_Guy Pig Whisperer

May 4, 2014
    Newberry, Indiana
    I’m praying for you all. Hope all goes well and remember to take it one step at a time. It’s only time to worry when you get bad news.

9. Warwickchickenhill

Warwickchickenhill Chirping

Jul 30, 2017
    Praying helps God will hear you ;)

Bonniebooboo and ChickNanny13 like this.
  10. KikiDeAnime

KikiDeAnime Songster

Dec 29, 2017
    Battle Ground, WA
    My dad texted me a half hour ago. Sorry for the late response!
    My mom got out of surgery and now he's waiting for her to wake up so he can go see her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: