My most recent Runner additions

Quote:
I know what ya mean! First I was obsessed with scovies - then i got one - now I want runners - so im getting some eggs
smile.png

Quote:
I drove down to Holderreads in Central Oregon. I have assorted friends down there, so can always make a social visit of the trip on the day before.

I'm hoping to hatch some ducklings in the Spring. I also have another pretty nice pair of Saxony Runners (not an official Runner color, but am told that when they are crossed with the solids should generate mostly blues) and I'll see what I get. If it looks like the eggs are a fairly fertile lot, I'll offer up extras.

I now have enough ducks that I can separate the Runners out without everyone seeming miserable. I had a difficult time last Spring keeping everyone separate and ended up with mostly mixed ducklings. Anyway, I'm sure I'll still be posting here when the time comes.

i guess runners are popular i traded mine off to another BYC'er for eggs a month or two ago!! i had chocolate and black those are nice runners!! very pretty especially the one on the right!!!

They are GORGEOUS. I'm so excited--I ordered some more runners & some magpies from Holderread for this coming Spring--I hope they're that gorgeous. What color is the one on the right?

Where on Whidbey are you? I'm in Langley. I've been wanting some fawn and white runners for a while now.

I phoned Holderreads a couple times this summer and was told they didn't have anymore runners this summer. But you got some.
hmm.png

If you're on the south end, would you mind if I came over sometime and checked yours out?

Quote:
I drove down to Holderreads in Central Oregon. I have assorted friends down there, so can always make a social visit of the trip on the day before.

I'm hoping to hatch some ducklings in the Spring. I also have another pretty nice pair of Saxony Runners (not an official Runner color, but am told that when they are crossed with the solids should generate mostly blues) and I'll see what I get. If it looks like the eggs are a fairly fertile lot, I'll offer up extras.

I now have enough ducks that I can separate the Runners out without everyone seeming miserable. I had a difficult time last Spring keeping everyone separate and ended up with mostly mixed ducklings. Anyway, I'm sure I'll still be posting here when the time comes.

Yeah, I went down there earlier this summer too for my silkies. You must have ended up with the runners the same way I ended up with my roman goose? You asked when you were there? Aren't the two of them awesome?

I love the straight tails on your runners.

Back
Top Bottom