My name is Rainplace, and I am an idea person.

Quote:
Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. If you get a new Idea you have to do something about it. If not, you can't fully concentrate on the thing you are suppose to be working on. Your mind will continually drift to that new idea. It's just the way it is, no changing it. I think that is how some of our brains are wired.

My name is Rainplace, and I am an idea person.

Hi, Rainplace!

My name is Wombat. I have managed to go 12 days without an idea.​

Quote:
Sage advice from Omran... just what I was going to say to you myself...... been there done that... but we really do have to finish one project at a time............ go on you can do it.. you must be strong..... NO sit down don't think about another... finish the last one.....breathe...breathe..... now make that decision........

hugs.gif

Hi Rainplace! I'm Jam, and I'm a Researcher. I like to research everything until I know everything about it, only with proper research can you ever embark on anything. At least you start your projects.
hmm.png

In our family my husbands the do-er. He gets up, looks around, says: "such-and-such needs to be done" and then he does it. Weird, huh?

Oh yeah, research is a must. I spend a lot of important time researching. The more research I do, the more ideas I get! It's an endless cycle.

Ideas wouldn't be so bad if I start making them into reality... you know what I mean? So maybe it's not that I'm an idea person... oh my goodness, maybe ... maybe I am an... I hate to say it... maybe I am an unfinisher. No no, that sounds awful. Maybe I'm a starter...

Quote:
Hi, Rainplace!

My name is Wombat. I have managed to go 12 days without an idea.

TELL ME YOUR SECRET!

You have to join Idea Rodents Anonymous and start our 12-step program.

Yes, we named our program after Ratbert.

I used to work for a company that would pay us $2500 for anything we could file for a patent, even if it was merely for what was called "defensive filings", so being an idea rodent was a useful side job. Since I can't get paid to have ideas at my present company, I'm trying to cut back. No point in having ideas and not getting anything for them, and I'd really like to save an idea or two for my old age, and not use them all up. You need to plan for your future, and learn to pace yourself.

Last edited:
Quote:
TELL ME YOUR SECRET!

You have to join Idea Rodents Anonymous and start our 12-step program.

Yes, we named our program after Ratbert.

I used to work for a company that would pay us $2500 for anything we could file for a patent, even if it was merely for what was called "defensive filings", so being an idea rodent was a useful side job. Since I can't get paid to have ideas at my present company, I'm trying to cut back. No point in having ideas and not getting anything for them, and I'd really like to save an idea or two for my old age, and not use them all up. You need to plan for your future, and learn to pace yourself.

Oh like a rainy day idea fund! I like this... this may work!

Back
Top Bottom