My neighbor won’t stop complaining

Im not sure if Karen is home. I know I’m now going to be a suspect since I brought up her bamboo to her. She said she’d have her gardener cut it, that was that and I didn’t bring our utility here.

Advise Her or stay silent?

Stay silent.

It's the utility's problem, not yours. :)

I have been reading your posts about surveillance systems and I had a question. The property where I keep my chickens and bees. I have a 30 x40 pole building with electric but I do not have access to cable. Is there any kind of surveillance system I could get to observe my property while I’m not there? I’m there every day to check on the girls but I would like to see what’s going on when I’m not around. Again, I do not have cable or hardwired telephone. Thanks

Of course. It’s the new one. She stuck bamboo trellises on top of it, so she’s got like 7.5 feet there.
She sounds lonely and angry. Just focused on your chickens at the moment. Sorry for you.
I play music to my chickens on those days they seem a little extra annoying. Makes me feel better plus the chooks like the same pandora stations I like 😉👍

Last edited:
I have been reading your posts about surveillance systems and I had a question. The property where I keep my chickens and bees. I have a 30 x40 pole building with electric but I do not have access to cable. Is there any kind of surveillance system I could get to observe my property while I’m not there? I’m there every day to check on the girls but I would like to see what’s going on when I’m not around. Again, I do not have cable or hardwired telephone. Thanks
Going over a system tailored to fit your needs might be better if you posted a new thread with details. To include distance from internet source to building.

However a very quick response.

First what I am about to suggest is not at the cheap end of possibilities. However the capabilities and expandability of a PoE system are may make it worthwhile for you.

The video I am linking you to is a pretty good example of how to do it. However I am not endorsing the products in the video. There are much cheaper ones on the market.

Brief description of PoE. Power over Ethernet allows you to use cameras that are not PoE and ones that are. Not only can PoE be to power cameras but other devices such as motion sensors, keypads and others.

Why would you want PoE cameras? Well the turret style cameras can have horizontal and vertical motorized controls. They allow for motion tracking. Also you can adjust the view at anytime without having to go out and get a ladder.

PoE uses ethernet cable CAT5 CAT6 the cameras. Purchase a RJ45 crimper and you can make custom cable lengths. The standard analog cameras come with cables made of set lengths. They also have bulky connectors that can easily get damaged and a harder to pass through walls. Bigger hole.

In any case look up the comments here that I have already posted with links. I know you have already seen it but for others who want to see. TY

Last edited:
If you are legally in the right, and your birds are secure on your property, I recommend two things:

1) ignore neighbor
2) advise them to join an HOA if they want to tell others how to use their property

3) Back up plan. [Extreme] Leave California. NOT for Oregon (particularly Portland area), Washington, Austin or Dallas TX and suburbs), or a few other places - all of which are currently trending in increasingly restrictive policies over personal land use.
Also... NOT Rhode Island.
It’s no good. People are miserable and farming is few and far between.

They're not all problems. It's really the wealthy ones who work from home. They are able to live in this beautiful country and live an almost resort-style life- amost, if it weren't for the mills, the cows, the horses, the roosters, the pot growers... You get the idea.

I'm what longtime residents ignominiously dubbed a "flatlander," having moved her from rural Sac County. But I'm up here farming. And I am FAR from wealthy. Once folks know that, they're much nicer.

I just don't advertise that I'm a teacher. They really don't like teachers up here. Like, they hate us. I've experienced a lot of hostility.

It hasn't been an easy transition, I tell you what.
I must know! Why do they hate teachers so much?

Back
Top Bottom