My new 8'X8' Chicken tractor DH built!!! Pics

erijn5

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
South Central IL
DH got creative with the lumber we had...this is 8ft X 8ft with removable wheels for portablity, and removable handles. We used a hunting dog travel box for their housing right now he has to go get more wood and then he is going to mount it on the back of the pen and he is currently builing a divider pc. so we can have 2 pens in 1 for different ages and it will be removable also....He is so CRAFTY!!!
love.gif

Babies from January hatch!!

Beautiful! And I like your chickens too.

My dog bites wire runs and rips a hole in them. With hw mesh he scratches until the links are broken...hope no dogs get into your tractor...I bet your chickens won't tear it up.

Cheers,
N. VA

All of my dogs know better than to mess with my birds.! I raise the chicks in the house with no netting on the tops of the boxes, the cat looks at them and the doberman grooms them...
big_smile.png
I have a chocolate lab that goes in the pen with me everyday, 3 times a day and she helps me get the eggs, so the chickens are not scared of them, and then the neighbors dog came over and tore threw my pen in my big pen and the got one of my blrw girls...they were not scared of her so they didn't run...the neighbors dog now has lead warnings and has not been back! And if she does she will not get out of the pen! ..my dogs are well trained! Even the cats go in and nest with the birds int he nesting boxes!
lol.png

Thanks for liking it he will be happy!

Back
Top Bottom