My New Babies, Hatched Oct 13 & Oct 28

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Here are some pics of the chicks from the last two very small hatches. I think perhaps both the black and the light blue Orpington chicks that are now 2 weeks old could be cockerels, but not sure yet. The black Ameraucana from that hatch is very curious and bossy and clearly the leader of that bunch, LOL.
This hatch from yesterday produced two black Ameraucanas, thought at first one was blue, but I dont think so now. Also, I got a Barred Rock cockerel and pullet, I think. I'm positive about the cockerel-he's quite a tank and very silvery, no black down the front of his legs, humongous headspot. The one I believe is a pullet has a small headspot and the front of her legs is very dark, plus she's much smaller than the boy, although they came out of the same size egg from Lexie.
Blue Orpington..cockerel?
DCP_8298.jpg

Barred Rock Pullet (pretty sure it's a girl)
DCP_8286.jpg

DCP_8282BRGirl.jpg

Far Right is Ameraucana from Oct 13, next to him the Barred Rock pullet, in front of her is the Ameraucana baby hatched yesterday (very small), Black Orpington, then top left the Barred Rock Cockerel I'll probably keep
DCP_8300.jpg

Barred Rock cockerel hatched yesterday next to the much taller Ameraucana from Oct 13 hatch:
DCP_8293.jpg

Great job hatching Cyn!
jumpy.gif
They are all so cute. I love that blue baby.
love.gif

Jody

Well, that little blue one, if it is a boy, will have to live elsewhere, I'm afraid. The only boy I'll keep is Hawkeye's son because, frankly, I need him if I want to be sure I get fertile eggs from my laying flock. Surely someone will want a Son of Suede, LOL. He is very pretty, though.
Kate, I have no idea why I'm rooster-heavy here. I still have more in that bator and I have someone who wants a pullet of each breed I raise. If I can't hatch any for me, heck, how will I hatch any for her, LOL?

Back
Top Bottom