My new Baby...Meet VULTURE LADY!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WhispersToChickens, Oct 16, 2010.

1. WhispersToChickens

WhispersToChickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    I was just THRILLED to find her....I think she is gorgeous, still having a hard time fitting in, but Im sure she will. I think shes Beautiful, then again beauty is in the eye. [​IMG] What I love and is hard to take with my cheapie cam is her feathers on her head are white with gray lacing. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How old is she? Her neck is very smooth.

3. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    It's all in the eye, as you said. I think my guineas are lovely, but most people think the are the ugliest dang birds they're ever seen. If you think she's beautiful, then she's beautiful. Enjoy her, from the pics she looks like she is a nice calm girl too.

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I love naked necks I have 2 Nadia and Natasha
    [​IMG]

5. WhispersToChickens

Apr 17, 2010
    I Love the Turkens too...most of mine are red tho and I want other colors, but both roos have white laced tailfeathers. As the naked neck is dominate Im hoping for some frizzled and barred turkens in the future. I also have a couple showgirls. But this gal is my first without a bow tie! [​IMG] I LOVE messing with the city folks giving them the whole (and I make it sound believable) story of how you breed a chicken with a turkey. They eat that stuff UP. I also love to tell the city foks that my guineas are giant African Vulture Quail. LOL They buy that one too. heheheheee She is 7 months.....cant wait to see what she gives me crossed with my roos...Im hoping for more BALD necks! [​IMG]

6. WhispersToChickens

Apr 17, 2010
    Just 2 sill questions....what are you trying to trap IN your chicken pen [​IMG] and what is that white thing in the corner...Aflac spokesperson???? [​IMG]

7. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] No Silly, I bet it's "Half Quack" not Aflac.....

Do you put a scarf around her neck in winter??? I think they are so different and beautiful in their own way. Seriously, how do you keep them warm?

8. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Ok, I'll display a small piece of my considerable amount of ignorance and ask, "How do you get a turken, then?" [​IMG]

9. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    Quote:Ok, I'll display a small piece of my considerable amount of ignorance and ask, "How do you get a turken, then?" [​IMG]

thank you truegrit.
    [​IMG]
    take it easy on us, i love the turkens!

beth

10. barbieszoo

barbieszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Stillwater, OK
    Quote:LOL! Good questions! Gave me my laugh for the day! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by