My new girls!

meggy77

Chirping
May 1, 2017
Hello Everyone, my new girls came today! We are so excited. Just wanted to share pics. Also, what did y’all use to give your new baby chicks water in the beginning?
. I’m using the lid of a Tupperware bowl and refilling it several times a day. Any suggestions other wise? I originally had a plastic container with a mason Jar that I bought from Tractor Supply, But I don’t think they are old enough for it yet.

Attachments

• 76E02E6E-D5ED-4E15-82B4-557B93AA72F9.jpeg
    76E02E6E-D5ED-4E15-82B4-557B93AA72F9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • 1CB33741-6F1A-48E9-AEFC-B43BDC40B5DF.jpeg
    1CB33741-6F1A-48E9-AEFC-B43BDC40B5DF.jpeg
    430.7 KB · Views: 17
Awh....flashbacks to my babies. Too cute. Congratulations!
The water I believe you’re talking about is made for chicks. One thing I noticed is that the lid had a lot of wood shavings in it. Not a good thing. The waterer will keep their water cleaner ( it has a lip on it). I used one with my babies and they did great. One other ting I liked about the jar waterer is that I could pick it up and dump out dirty water without having to refill it every time.
Best wishes

Awh....flashbacks to my babies. Too cute. Congratulations!
The water I believe you’re talking about is made for chicks. One thing I noticed is that the lid had a lot of wood shavings in it. Not a good thing. The waterer will keep their water cleaner ( it has a lip on it). I used one with my babies and they did great. One other ting I liked about the jar waterer is that I could pick it up and dump out dirty water without having to refill it every time.
Best wishes
I looked at the picture again. I think it’s an illusion because I’ve been obsessive about making sure the water was clean. It’s a clear Tupperware top so the shavings you are seeing are under the lid not in it... that being said I know there has to be a better. Easier way.

The waterer will keep their water cleaner ( it has a lip on it). I used one with my babies and they did great. One other ting I liked about the jar waterer is that I could pick it up and dump out dirty water without having to refill it every time.

Oh yeah! I was dumping out water with feed and pine shavings all the time. But I don't think there's any way around that. At least there's just a narrow ring around the jar so they can't stand and poop in it like an open container.

They're cute but they're NOT smart...

Back
Top Bottom