My New HORSE!!!!! I'm so excited!!

thumbsup.gif
WOW BEAUTIFUL

Oh neat! I was looking at their website and my SOs cousin has a Paso from the sire of your horse as well, Capuchino.
They call him Chino
smile.png

Just a beautiful Paso! I sure love mine!

He looks like Bochica, or Bochica Tres with a bit of Plebeyo. Looks more Colombian than Puerto Rican. They are known for alot of brio. I hated Capuchino and Contrapunto....if you had known the horses themselves, they didn't have good stamina, broke down before their years were up and too many genetic faults cropped up in those lines.

One thing I don't like about Paso Finos are the fino-fino gait...they are awful for the trails, itty bitty steps on the trail and takes forever to get one mile while your riding companions are already at the resting area waiting on you.

I'm impartial to El Pastor, Muneca LaCE, Sin Verguenza, Mar De Plata LaCE and Bolero lines and they have tested the times for a lot longer than the modern day Colombian imports in the last ten to 15 years. I've had Pasos since the 1980's so I do know what's behind the scenes and what breeders are more reputable. Unfortunately many of them has passed on.

Ewe - As for the trails, I do think its a little silly when people take Fino horses on trails in a group... but then the definittion of Fino is so different from what it used to be. Todays Fino horses are amazing in their own right... in the ring.

Bear is a Pleasure horse, and he can extend in his Largo pretty nicely, so I doubt I'd be getting left behind if I chose to ride with non-gaited horses, LOL.

We spent some time around Barbara Priess and her LaCe horses were quite nice... as well as herself
tongue.png

Bear seems to take after his sire, Gentil de la Vitrina, and his conformation reminds me faintly of the Classico on his dams side.

When it came down to Capuchino vs Nevado... we always rooted for Nevado
smile.png
That was a super horse that really imprinted on his foals.

Sarah - El Chino del Batey is owned by Jr Morales. Is he your cousin? Or a different Chino?

As for those who wondered what I plan on doing with Bear Bear... I plan to hug him.. and kiss him... and kiss all his dapples (not the legs maybe.. hehehehe). and stare at him... and braid his mane ( I want it to grow.. grow!) and tail.

Oh... ok... I plan on taking the time to relax and have fun with him and build a strong relationship. We will go on short trail rides around the stable I'm keeping him at... and just poke around and see what fun we can find. Then maybe next years early show season I'll take him in some of the small local shows and see how my ridings improved. If I manage to not embarass myself completely... we will keep showing.. LOL... Because hes so nice I think it would be a shame not to let him compete.. and his trainer says he really loves the ring.

I would most like to work with him on just relaxing and having fun on some trails though... as Pasos for Pleasure has a pointing system, group trail rides, and the like that sound like a blast. It would be nice to enter Bear in the Versatility classes.. costume.. and Largo races... plus whatever fun events they have come up with since my time.

Don't be jealous Peaches.... (Ok DO! Hehe) .. I will post lots of pictures for you to oggle
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom