My new Horsey is coming!!! Update: Pictures :)

Well that doesnt say much of the people if they drug a horse like that. Abuse should never happen in the first place. Glad he is doing better in your hands! And there is nothing like a horse snuggle!!! I think it is the best medicine on a bad day! There was an arab at one stable i was at for awhile that would follow me. I would walk around doing chores and he would just walk behind me. If i stoped and didnt turn back to let him know i knew he was there he would come up and put his head on my shoulder and right in my face wanting to be pet and hugged
love.gif
In the right hands a horse can be the biggest puppy someone could own!

Ransom is soooooo exciting. Getting used to our place and boy he is just sooo intelligent and social. He has been here for less than 24hrs and already greets me whenever he sees me. He said his goodbyes when I went to work, greeted me at lunch, greeted me again when I got home, when I started doing chores and when I fed him his grain. What a sweet heart. I will try my hardest to take pictures tomorrow
love.gif

Quote:
But...but...it is soooo dark. He came in the dar. I left for work in the dark. I came from work to darkness. And now it is still dark
sad.png

But tomorrow, I will get to see my animals in the daylight again and will take some pictures
tongue.png

Quote:
I really really LOVE the big horses.
I've had plenty of hot horses, arabs, TB, and arab crosses... it was lots of fun at the time, very stimulating and exciting, but I'm All Done with hot horses now. the drafts are SO EASY!
put a bit in their mouth? bleh bleh spit spit, over it.
put a saddle on them? they look around, once at each side, then if they could shrug, they would.
get on them? um... you up there now? oh, ok.

I SO love the big horses.

I do love the drafts. I need to break my paint filly this winter, she'll be three this spring, she's a pretty big girl.
I just sent my TB gelding to CO yesterday, he's going to be the Field Master's horse for the hunt club! I've had him for 8 years but I'm getting too old for a TB and the hunting I've been doing lately is beagle hunting which is too much stop and go for my TB. He likes the foxhounds which are long distance, fast and lots jumps. We don't really have jumps here. Just some brush and ditches. My neck arthritis won't tolerate the type of fox hunting he enjoys and the real foxhunts are too far away. I broke my neck in a car accident and I'm not supposed to ride, much less hunt, much less jump.
With diesel fuel so expensive and hay bales getting upwards of nearly $2o a bale this winter I decided he needed a new home.
I still have my three paints. One senior citizen, her son and daughter. Her son is a saint and so is she. I have every reason to expect her daughter will be, too. Much more my speed, nowadays. I don't need an off the track TB to chase 12" beagles anymore.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you
tongue.png
Going to bed now. Couldn't sleep at all last might. First waiting for him, then getting up at 2, then being so excited about him here...hm...what a fun. But I am exhausted. Will post pics tomorrow, promise!

Quote:
I really really LOVE the big horses.
I've had plenty of hot horses, arabs, TB, and arab crosses... it was lots of fun at the time, very stimulating and exciting, but I'm All Done with hot horses now. the drafts are SO EASY!
put a bit in their mouth? bleh bleh spit spit, over it.
put a saddle on them? they look around, once at each side, then if they could shrug, they would.
get on them? um... you up there now? oh, ok.

I SO love the big horses.

I do love the drafts. I need to break my paint filly this winter, she'll be three this spring, she's a pretty big girl.
I just sent my TB gelding to CO yesterday, he's going to be the Field Master's horse for the hunt club! I've had him for 8 years but I'm getting too old for a TB and the hunting I've been doing lately is beagle hunting which is too much stop and go for my TB. He likes the foxhounds which are long distance, fast and lots of low jumps. We don't really have jumps here. Just some brush and ditches. My neck arthritis won't tolerate the type of fox hunting he enjoys and the real foxhunts are too far away. With diesel fuel so expensive and hay bales getting upwards of nearly $2o a bale this winter I decided he needed a new home.
I still have my three paints. One senior citizen, her son and daughter. Her son is a saint and so is she. I have every reason to expect her daughter will be, too. Much more my speed, nowadays. I don't need an off the track TB to chase 12" beagles anymore.

Did...did you just say $20.00 a bale???? As in small square bale????
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom