My new Piggies.....

boilerjoe_96

Songster
12 Years
Apr 4, 2007
West Lafayette, IN
I picked up a total of 3 piggies, that were culls from the local pig nursery. In less than 7 days they would have gone to the Big Cat Rescue(lion or tiger food...as is...)

One I am raising for a co worker the other 2 for family consumption....

p00048dd3.jpg

p00049xq0.jpg

p00050op7.jpg

Pictures with my cell phone so not the best...You can see a little scar under the brown pigs eye..that was the only reason is was a cull.. most had very little wrong with them....

Quote:
That's what we thought last year when we got our first 2 butcher pigs. They were about 40 pounds each at the time. We raised them to about 300 pounds. They were still cute to me. They would fall over for belly rubs and even let me lead them with treats in hand.
On the 'day' they went for there one way ride I had to load them into the truck by myself. Hubby wouldn't help do it-cuz he didnt' think he could.
They walked right into the trailor no problem. Stood in there and ate there food and then laid down for there final belly rub..
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Have fun raising them. We just resently got 3 more to raise out this year. Hopefully it will be as fun and enjoyable as the last.

Shawna

Back
Top Bottom