My new puppy! Changing colors now LOL - new pix

Just so ya know, the purple spots on the tongue doesn't mean it's a chow mix. I've had pure bred german shepherds who have had purple spots on there tongue. They weren't mixed breed in any way. There are some mixed breeds who have had purple spots on their tongues that didn't have a speck of chow chow in them. I've fostered quite a few dogs over the years, and seen it both pure bred and mixed. Here's some links to read on, and our vet explained the purple spots the first time I had a GSD with them too.
smile.png
He said it has to do with pigmentation, and lots of breeds have it. It's sort of like a birthmark, if that makes sense.

http://www.columbusdogconnection.com/BlackTongueDebate.htm

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/bulletins_read/35505.html?pagen=1

Can google it too. Lots of folks with pictures to look at.

Bluemoon

Last edited:
Well she is mine! I brought my young obnoxious 2 yr old shepherd mix Frankie in to meet her today.......he loves other animals and was happy to see her, as expected. She was licking his face and wandering around the room. Adoption approved! So, she will be spayed wednesday and I will pick her up after work then. I stopped at Petsmart on the way home and got her food and some chewies....tomorrow I will get her a crate and some bowls and get her a little tag made up. Got her a new collar the other day. Made her a vet appointment for Saturday.

Am I missing anything? Been two years since I had a puppy!

woot.gif
Congrats on getting the puppy! So far great names. If you are going for makeup themed names: Estee

BTW you need to change your title or update to say the puppy is yours!

Last edited:
Cute puppy! i want to get a new dog but unless I see a one that i just have to have we are going to wait until our dog is older.Might get a nice gaurd dog when the kids get a bit older:)

Today I went and bought her a brand new crate (Xlarge size, so it will fit her forever...it has a divider to use for now), new bowls and lots of toys and more chewies. I am going to get everything set up tonight so it will be ready for her to come "home" tomorrow. I'm so excited! I haven't decided on a name yet, so took one of my horse's extra ID tags (I keep them on her halter) and have put it on her new collar temporarily. So her temporary name is Foxy, LOL. At least it has my name, phone number and address......

1 more day!

Back
Top Bottom