My new pups arrive tonight. Woo hoo!!!

love.gif

Thanks everyone. I am really happy with them. they are AKC registered and are both males. I plan to rotate each between the house and the stock (chickens and sheep) so both will be well socialized. One or both will be shown as well. So far, I see a big difference in personalities. Blue collar is much more independent and red collar is very people oriented. the introductions to my current dogs went really well too. Right now the pups are in the chicken pen with access to the sheep pen (I raised a gate up so they could go under). They have never seen chickens before and are doing remarkably well. They are not chasing them....just laying quietly watching. I am pretty darn impressed! I am going to separate them today and start leash training individually. They did very well in their crate too, so I don't think house breaking will be too much of a problem.

Still no permanent names. She was calling them Fortune (F puppy) and Bestow (B puppy) but I need to come up with somethng better than that.

Mutt and Jeff, Mike and Ike, Ford and Chevy, Richard and Dale, Ben and Jerry, Tom and Jerry, Scooby and Shaggy, Willie and Waylon, Brooks and Dunn, I could go on and on.

Last edited:
They are really handsome boys! I used to have two guineas named Dodger and Radar. Golly, I think those names would fit your boys, even. Congratulations! Don't make me want one, now. I can't have a dog again. Nope, not gonna.

Back
Top Bottom