My new pups arrive tonight. Woo hoo!!!

Beautiful Anatolian pups! I like the pup on the right of last pic, eyes are more correct but as long as they do the job intended for, it doesn't matter (unless you decide to breed for show). Anatolians are wonderful livestock dogs! Smart, brave, strong willed/headed and powerful! Make sure you do separate training sessions away from one another so they don't wind up bonding too much to each other than to you especially if you are going to rotate them, make sure you work individually with only one and the other is out of sight, in another yard or behind a baby gate or in a crate etc.,

Best of luck and I look forward to reading about them growing up and seeing lots more pics!

they will both be shown. Light colored eyes are perfectly acceptable, as long as they are not blue. The one on the left is really the better of the two....better overall conformation. They are both nice though. I guess time will tell! I had one in the house today away from his brother. I will work then separately, rotating each between the house and the stock so each gets to experience both. I can see how independent this breed is, even at this age. My grandson met them today and wanted them to chase him. When they didn't, he was really puzzled! They just play so differently from other puppies.

True, they are not faults nor DQs, dark brown to amber are perfectly acceptable. I just happen to like the eye color and shape on the dog on the right. But cannot tell about the rest of the puppy unless standing up
smile.png

My breed is a LGD as well and I judged Anatolians long ago (1980s) when they were first a rare breed. One of my best friend married couple were the Harneds. I judge the TM in AKC and FCI.

Best of luck with your two, look forward to seeing stacked pics and of course, working pics!

Oh, that is really cool! I did a ton of research on LGDs and loved everything I read about this breed. I am looking forward to getting them stacking but we gotta do baby steps here...lol. they are walking on a leash now but not thrilled about it. Something about the look in their eyes is so un-puppy-like. The look wise and mature. Not like puppies, you know? It's so hard to put my finger on it, but these dogs are really different.

when I do get some better shots of these two, I would really value your assessment of them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom