my new rooster

mom wewantchicks!

Songster
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
buckhannon,wv
well i put some pics in my post with rooster questions, but im excited so i thought id do it this way. here is our new rooster he is a 51/2 month old black cochin rooster. he seems sweet but very shy. till he gets used to me i was thinking about tying him so he can be outside,im keeping him in a large kennel and would like him to get out and thought that would help him get used to me. how do i do this? what should i be looking for as far as illness goes, he was raised from an egg by the guy that gave him to me.
newrooster003.jpg

Feeding him treats out of your hand is a good way to make friends. My rooster hates me and attacks me whenever he can, he won't make friends, but he is a good protector and attacks hawks that come, and he is my pet even though he doesn't like me.

Is
Feeding him treats out of your hand is a good way to make friends. My rooster hates me and attacks me whenever he can, he won't make friends, but he is a good protector and attacks hawks that come, and he is my pet even though he doesn't like me.

Is that the rooster in your profile pic?!?! LOL!

I hate when I had two BA roosters that were NASTY.
My Buff Orpington attacked me in my knee once when I picked up one of "his" hens.
My Dad loves him though!
And one of the BA'S attacked my leg...
The other chased me around the coop, and attacked my Dads back. He was intimidating!
I know I probably don't have a good track record with roosters! LOL!
hide.gif

The Buff's name is Rusty.
The one BA that attacked me was Courageous.
And the other was Rodney...

-TAH

Back
Top Bottom