My nieghbor thinks I'm nuts

hispoptart

Free Ranging
12 Years
Apr 14, 2011
NW Colorado
So last night I scrambled some eggs with yogurt for my girls. I went out to feed them and started yelling "here my girls, come here!" They all came running and I continued to talk to them as I gave them their treat. When I stood up I looked over at the neighbors yard she was just standing there staring at me like " Did she really just do that?"
hu.gif
She then quickly looked away and went inside
lau.gif

Ya, I have already given them some eggs so it's not like they don't know I have them. I just had to laugh at the way she was watching and looking at me as I called to them and the had a conversation with them
lau.gif

When I was considering buying the property, I told my next door neighbors I would be moving in my flock of pet chickens, and they were all named. Then we introduced ourselves by name. There is a Carl Jr., and Carl Sr. In the family...

I started to grin, then told them my dominant rooster's name was Carl.

Carl Junior (adult male - his father lives in a granny house on their property) started laughing. "I guess if we hear you yell, Shut up, Carl! You aren't yelling at us, huh?"

Well, not unless you crow in the middle of the night, too.

Since then, they have heard me talking to my chickens (and definitely to Carl) on a pretty frequent basis. Less, now that the flock is in the coop when I leave for work and when I get home from work. But all weekend long, I'm out there conversing with various chickens, ducks and the pair of geese.

They don't talk to their chickens. (So I do!)

If we didn't give our neighbors something to talk about, they would be bored!!! I talk to mine all the time. I like to entertain the neighbors!!

Back
Top Bottom