My order from Cackle....UPDATE: THEY'RE HERE but the saga continues...

cjeanean you're right. Even with human error to put off the problem that long shows how big an issue this is.

When it comes to live animals, there is no reason to not look into it and rectify the situation. The fact is, they should know whether they shipped it or not, and they should also have a way to track it if they did. Even if it was the PO's fault, that's the hatchery's job to fix it.

Well, I hope everything works out well P0U1TRYP3RS0N.

It sounds like they never shipped them, but thank heaven's they are going to fix the problem. I know that doesn't compensate for the HUGE headache that you've had to deal with, but hey! It sounds like they are on their way this time! Let us know if you get them Wednesday or not. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
fl.gif

I agree with gumpsgirl. It sounds like they never shipped them. I hoped that's the case for the little chicks sake. I'm glad to hear that they are trying to work with you to fix the problem. I can honestly say that I have ordered from Cackle before in the past and I have not had 1 single problem. I never had a problem contacting them on the phone and when I emailed them with questions before I ordered from them, they replied back to me in less than 24 hours. My order was delivered on time as promised and the PO called me at 4:38 AM to let me know that my shipment was in. To top it off, when I ordered from them, I ordered only 25 chicks and they sent me 31. Only 1 chick arrived dead but I think because he was the smallest of the bunch and they trampled all over him. ALL of my chicks are VERY healthy and beautiful. I have not lost any chicks to any type of illness or disease. Good Luck with this order. Please let us know when you get your babies.

Today's the day! My fingers are still crossed for you!
fl.gif
Please let us know if they arrive safely. I feel like it's going to go good this time!
smile.png

yippiechickie.gif
:jumpy THEY'RE HERE!!!! The post office called me at 5:45 this morning and I went to get the chicks. To my suprise, there were TWo boxes instead of one......hmmmm. I got home and unloaded them in the brooder, and started counting them....I was SHOCKED!! I ordered 30 chicks---I received 57
ep.gif
!!!!!! Instead of the 15 Salmon Faverolles I ordered, I received 28. Instead of 5 White Yokohamas, got 10. Ordered 5 Silver duckwing yokohamas--11 came. Bought 5 Silver Phoenix and they sent 8. THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I have never seen a hatcery send sooooo many extras!!! Only one (edited to say that it was a Silver Phoenix, not a yokohama) was DOA. Everybody else is alive for now!!!
yippiechickie.gif
frow.gif
ya.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Being new at this my first reaction was "They screwed up again"........I guess getting more can be good. I would have gone "What am i going to do with all these extras"....hahaha....but then again i only have nine!!!!

Back
Top Bottom