My ornament ducks

cajunfowl0

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 9, 2014
Louisiana
Just thought id post some pictures of my new birds! They are chiloe widgeons so far I have these and ruddy shelducks but I plan on getting a lot of new birds this year!

Yes I do too! Waterfowl are my favorite! Wgat kind do you raise?
well, right now i mostly do domestic ducks and geese, though i have had Canadian geese and mandarin ducks. I also used to have a pair of swans. I have Swedish (blue/black), pekins, crested, runners, muscovy, rouen, cayuga and khaki campbell ducks. I find waterfowl have much more personality than chickens...way funner :)

what do you have?

Wow! What kind of swans? Right now I have Muscovys blue and black, lots of bantams and wyndottes,peacocks, ruddy shelduck, guineas, and chiloe widgeons I used to have wood ducks but had to sell them

Wow! What kind of swans? Right now I have Muscovys blue and black, lots of bantams and wyndottes,peacocks, ruddy shelduck, guineas, and chiloe widgeons I used to have wood ducks but had to sell them
i had a pair of mute swans...interesting birds, very pretty. I don't have them anymore. I had to sell a lot of my birds when we moved, and am slowly building back up :)

I love ruddy shelducks! I have wanted one of those for a long time, they are really cool looking. What is their personality?

Of other birds i have lots of layers (like more than 15 different breeds), bantams (mostly cochins and millies, but have some silkies, japs, and game bantams). I also raise quail.

I also have geese and plan of getting a lot more exotics!
I plan to get some turkeys, pheasants, chukar, and ruddy shelducks (if i can find any).

Yes the ruddys have been one of my favorite breeds so far they are about the size of a muscovy female and as for personality they have great ones! My male is very talkative and one thing about them I like is that they are very clean birds for ducks!

Yes the ruddys have been one of my favorite breeds so far they are about the size of a muscovy female and as for personality they have great ones! My male is very talkative and one thing about them I like is that they are very clean birds for ducks!
that's cool! Makes me want them even more :) Where did you get yours? and how many do you have?

Back
Top Bottom