My pallet coop in the making...Photos back up

I just love it, It is such a GREAT Idea. I always see free used pallets on craigslist. I think I might have my ever efficient hubby make me 1or 2.
wink.png

Well heres the trim, unpainted. I noticed little gaps where sunlight was getting in, so I filled them with a can of expanding foam to keep the weather out...
26245_trim_004.jpg
26245_trim_005.jpg
26245_trim_006.jpg

I would have killed for that half round window - when building my coop out of pallets...

Here's some pics of the first half of my coop - constructed mostly from pallets.

2814_coop_5.jpg

2814_coop_4.jpg

2814_coop_10.jpg

2814_coop_9.jpg

Now working on the duckhouse... and it's coming along slowly - had to quit when the snow came..

2814_dscf1748.jpg

And the hens were a big help...

2814_dscf1738.jpg

wee.gif
:weee Eggsellent idea! Thanks!!
My morning newspaper keeps offering free pallets, now I see how we can buil a fin coop. Next problem: getting those pallets delivered here. No worry, we have a few friends with trucks.

May I add............. I believe you are extraordinarily inventive?!
bow.gif

You've done a fantastic job so far; it's looking great. Keep those photos coming.

BTW, you might want to reconsider lining it with cardboard since you can buy 4' x 8' sheets of 3/8" OSB plywood at Home Depot for $5 or $6.

Good use of the materials at hand. Anyone wanting to do this should try to find pallets all alike to make it easier. Do leave the openings at each side of the roof for vents. They are at the right place and right height. Why cut out vents later when you already have perfect size and placement openings already? Pay attention to ventilation and predators.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom