my pet chicken reviews

Pics
I ordered six silkies when the chicks arrived one was doa and one was severely disabled unable to walk the next day one that seemed perfectly healthy died and two hours later the disabled chick died I called and they were very understanding and kind they asked if I want a refund or a reshipment. I said I wanted a refund but changed my mind this afternoon and called back the silkies cost so much I was able to get 3 assorted polish pullets and 5 assorted brown egg layers that are scheduled to deliver September 9th I just hope that I get a good shipment.

I am a newbie and received 13 mixed pullets almost two weeks ago. I lost one, a light brown leghorn, on day 7 for unknown reasons. She just never grew and had watery poops at the end. I isolated her and gave her electrolytes to no avail. The remaining chicks are doing very well. Overall I'm pleased with MPC.

All of mine that passed would get lethargic and unable to stand, then would get stiff and fsll backwards. This would last hours before they dird, even with 24 hour care (i brought the last three to bed to eyedropper feed them.) It just seems like once they got droopy, no amount of care would bring thrm back. My little rooster, Schism, held on for three days before he passed. :(

I will not buy chicks from My Pet Chicken again. I bought 6 chicks, all arrived healthy and happy. Two of the six, Blue Ameracaunas, were roosters and one Cuckoo Maran has crooked toes.

I had to pay someone to take the roos. I live in the city and I am not allowed roosters nor more than 6 hens. Although the Cuckoo Maran appears happy, I'm still out two birds which can not be replaced by mail order from anywhere.

I know people who have ordered dozens and dozens of chicks over the years from Meyers or McMurray and NEVER, not once, got a rooster

My aunt ordered some LF Brahmas fro MPC and when she got not only were they not LF but they were mean and flighty birds
somad.gif
. She had to re-home them.I wouldn't recommend MPC to anyone!

All of mine that passed would get lethargic and unable to stand, then would get stiff and fsll backwards. This would last hours before they dird, even with 24 hour care (i brought the last three to bed to eyedropper feed them.) It just seems like once they got droopy, no amount of care would bring thrm back. My little rooster, Schism, held on for three days before he passed.
sad.png
How awful!
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Well the Red didn't make it. She fought hard right up to the end,but whatever was wrong with her it was too much for her. So at this point, I have a flock of 17 out of the 31 originally sent (ordered 30 & they sent 1 extra). The remainder seem to be doing well -they are beginning to get their feathers. Reading some posts from others has me quite curious as to whether or not all 17 will be hens like I ordered. So my next question is how can I tell? Will I need to wait until they are older until I can find out? Are there different ways to check based on the different breeds? I'll submit some pics in the next few days as I know there might be someone that can tell.

Back
Top Bottom