1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Pet Chicken

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KristenF87, Feb 23, 2009.

1. KristenF87

KristenF87 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2009
    Gainesville
    I'm pouting because Mypetchicken.com promised chicks available for order on the 23rd of February, it's the 23rd and they're not up yet... Anyone else ordering from them?

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Did you call them? I think when i ordered from them, the web site was not going, but you could call in the order.

3. emandmikey

emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    Krisen, I would call them - I have it on good authority that they should have some chicks shipping soon!!!

4. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    They said they are behind schedule," it will be 4-10 days from the 22nd so bear with us".

5. anniemoo

anniemoo Out Of The Brooder

You can email them and give them your pre-order is what they told me. Email them first to find out what to include in the pre-order.

6. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    It's their, 'handy dandy new chick ordering system.' It's taking a few more days... why couldn't they work on it BEFORE the 23? [​IMG]

7. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:Haha, I was wondering that too. I called them, and they said that it would be Monday March 2nd That they would open for ordering, you might just want to try Meyer hatchery, they will have the same breeds, just not sexed bantams. They also might be able to get what you want out by their next hatch.

http://www.meyerhatchery.com/

I hope this helps [​IMG]

8. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I know. I've also been following along every day and am very disappointed. I want my fuzzy-butts already! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm not pre-ordering because I still need to check out prices. But trust me, I'm waiting on pins and needles at this moment. The thought of new chicks is what helps me sleep at night. [​IMG]

9. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Ideal will let you order smaller amounts of chicks as long as the order total is $25...no minimum chick amount & shipping isn't as expensive as My Pet Chicken...oh, and they're available now. [​IMG]

10. KristenF87

KristenF87 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2009
    Gainesville
    I would order from another hatchery but I plan on ordering 2 silky bantam hens and my pet chicken is the only place that will sex them for me (although I know it's still not 100% guaranteed). I guess I'll just have to be patient [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by