my polish has horns??? pic added

debbyluvschickens

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
eastern arkansas
I bought a polish hen last saturday, She is kind of wild, so I havent gotten close to her untill today. Her comb looks like 2 devil horns. Shes still pretty wild, so I really couldnt get a good pic, but heres the best ones I got. Also, I have another hen I bought as a polish, but she doesnt have any "horns". Are they both polish? Ignore the mess in the pics...hubby is attempting to build cages.

animals062.jpg

animals065.jpg

animals084.jpg

Last edited:
as far as i know. they can have a number of different combs, i dont really know anything about polish though. have only seen pics and read about everything on feathersite. but i know in OEGBs. they can come Single comb and straight comb.. so i dont see why polishes couldn't come V comb and.. whatever else? :|

My other ones is light gray, with a much bigger crest and no visible comb, this is the one I already had, I still havent taken a pic of the one I just got, it was dark when I finished cooking, and she roosts up in a tree. BTW what color would you call this one?

Picture231.jpg

Last edited:
OMG Tricia, on that link, theres a solid white frizzle polish....I'm in LUUV!!!! None of the Polish there had "horns" but I saw some on feathersite with "horns" so I'm thinking they can have either? Thats weird. I have never seen a "horned" chicken befor. I've got to come up with a neat name for her...something to do with her "horns"

Also DTchickens, she looks white in that pic, but shes a light smokey gray with darker gray spots and a white crest. I was wondering if she might be splash. Thanks.

That's a polish, appears to be splash colored. You say you can actually see the comb on the one you bought? Interesting... The polish girls that I have, I can't see the combs but I can on all the males.

Back
Top Bottom