My polish hen is broody.... ETA pics

txchickie

Songster
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
Texas
She crammed herself in the nestbox with my other broody japanese banty hen and has been sitting with her for nearly 24 hours now
roll.png
I thought polish were non-sitters?
he.gif

Good thing for her, the chicks are due to hatch Monday
lol.png
she got out eeaassy
gig.gif
Only takes her 4 days to hatch chicks LOL!

Here's the 2 silly girls...
339a4e31.jpg

Last edited:
At what age did your Polish start laying? How old is she now? I read somewhere that some breeds that are non-sitters will go broody if they are a couple years old.

Well I guess you are just (un)lucky. I hope my Polish will go broody. Well I know my daughter hopes so since they are really hers. Our Polish pullets are 30+ wks old and still no eggs
he.gif

Do you think the banty chicken will share the babies?

Is she the youngest?

When I got my little banty hen she would always sit in the basket with the older one.
My 5 year old occasionally goes broody but it only lasts for a day.. She got tired of it fast
Polish rarely go broodyand most of the time not at all

If people werent around to hatch them then they would be extinct lol
Quote:

She looks like just the silliest thing. I've always liked the look of a Polish setting to lay an egg but to find one broody? A friend of my father's has some birds and her GL Polish hen went broody. I walked right up to the thing and she didn't even have to look at me-as if I could even see her eyes! She growled so much in dismay to my presence, her banter made me keep my distance right away. What I'd give to have a broody Polish...
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom