My poor honey...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Whitewinterwolf, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    She passed away yesterday...Why do all of my hens who like me end up dying? [​IMG]
    She was so sweet, and here is a picture of her before she went downhill.
    [​IMG]
    She was such a sweet hen, she would follow me everywhere, sit on my shoulder, and wait for me to scoop her up and give her a hug every morning...
    [​IMG]
    Then she started going down hill, I have never fought so hard to keep a hen alive before...she ended up dying in my arms...
    I have never cried so hard in my life...
    It turned out she was infested with round worms, and now im fighting them with my other hens to prevent this from happening ever again.
    My little Honey lived a good life though, happily spoiled.

2. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Im So sorry for your loss [​IMG] Im starting to tear up [​IMG]

3. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Oh, I'm so sorry. And a Buff Orpington too. Are they just the sweetest things in the whole wide world?

4. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Yes, she was just the sweetest little hen on the face of the planet...
    Life sucks...

5. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Thank you, at least yesterday she got to stay wrapped up in her blanket and carried around all day, I would like to think she was happy, as happy as a chicken could be ^^

6. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    [​IMG] Very sorry for your loss. She looks so precious under that blanket.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    So sorry.

8. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Awww [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I got to the point I wouldn't name them until they were at least a year old. It felt like if they liked me and I named them, it was a kiss of death........ [​IMG] It still hurts, but it gets better......
    Sorry you lost your girl.... [​IMG]

10. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

I'm so sorry. What a beautful hen she was! It does always seem like the good ones always pass away. [​IMG]

I like to look at it from this angle. Remember all the memories you had with her. Be glad that you got to have such a sweet hen.

Loss is always hard. But remember that you had good memories with her. And somday, you will have another sweet hen. But Honey will always have a special place in your heart forever.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by