My pretty Easter Eggers as they grow!

The month olds look about the same today, so I decided to get a few quick snaps of the week olds!

That one has the fuzziest face. Reminds me a bit of Hawk at this age, but a touch darker in color.

That one has color a bit more close to Hawk at that age, but not nearly as fuzzy headed

And this one I call Elvira. LOL. Haven't had one look like her yet, so I'm really interesting in seeing her develop. She seems to be feathering out a bit quicker than the other two (day or so ahead of them) and is the friendliest of the three.

Oh my gosh, I love them!!!!! Those itty bitty ones are just so precious. I had 2 EE roos named Maggie and Molly. The names were too stuck to change when they started crowing. I just bought 3 pullets (hopefully) to go with them. fingers crossed for colored eggs!

Thanks :D Added a few more pics of the three itty bitty ones.
Thankfully with Roux, his old name hadn't really stuck...I was calling him Itty Bitty Chickie, or Itty for short.
Still trying to figure out some names for the others--it's hard when all the birds look alike (as is the case with my 5 New Hampshires or the 9 Buckeye babies I have), so I figure when I can tell them apart so easily, they get names. The New Hampshires all get called Gertrude right now..LOL I may eventually invest in some leg bands for everyone, that way I can even tell the look a likes apart.

Thanks for posting your pictures! Your chicks are really cute. I'm getting 3 hopefully soon and enjoy looking at chicks as they grow.

it's been super fun watching them mature and get their feathers in. If someone would have told me Roux was going to have that much white as a baby, I never would have believed them! It was a super wonderful surprise. It's not even a really true white, more of a super pale cream...but he's gorgeous. My one that had the brown heart shape on her face as a chick that is my 2nd fave (1st fave pullet! LOL) is still waiting for the perfect name...Normally don't name my chickens, but if I can tell them apart, might as well!

Yeah, I think That's what I'm going to enjoy about the Easter Eggers.....being able to tell them apart. I have 6 red sex links right now that's can only tell apart by their colored leg bands.

I have 2 red sex links that I just know are supposed to be Bonnie & Betty. But until recently, they looked too much alike to determine which is which. Yesterday I noticed that 1 has more brown on her fase. At least for now. She'll be Betty. Like Apple Brown Betty. :)

I'm stoked at the pretty colors they are turning...even the littles, Elvira is starting to get some neat spotted feathers on her "shoulder" area.

Roux figured out how to even the playing field with the older pullets...I made a swing in the coop that no one really uses. He waits for the 2 month old pullets to be standing in front of it and he'll fly up with as much force as he can and slam into them...lol.

Back
Top Bottom