bcj8765

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2020
So my quail hatched this morning yet it looks very weak and has hardly moved, it’s still suck to the ‘umbilical cord’, is there any way I can help it? It it likely to survive? Help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 19
Id like to add it’s still cheeping and moves it’s wings every now and then

There’s quite a lot of white stuff and blood, is this normal?

Attachments

• 58F32CFD-9AB8-44AA-B9C4-06B67C4FEEDF.jpeg
    58F32CFD-9AB8-44AA-B9C4-06B67C4FEEDF.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 16
It's weird that it's eyes aren't open yet. Is this the same one from your other thread?

Yes it is, it opens it’s eyes every so often but not much- it’s almost as if it’s asleep but it’s still moving every few mins (when it moves it opens its eyes)

It's weird that it's eyes aren't open yet. Is this the same one from your other thread?
Here is a photo as of now, she/he opens their eyes to blink but that’s about it when they it moves :(

It just looks kinda under-developed to me. I would just keep it warm. Make sure it doesn't break that blood vessel, it could bleed out. I would put the whole think in a cushioned, paper towel lined cup so it can finish absorbing without being allowed to move. If it moves it might rip that vessel. Something like this. These quail chicks hatched with unabsorbed yolk sacks, so I made these cup things for them in the incubator. Try to make something like these.
20191113_220423_HDR.jpg
20191113_220429_HDR.jpg

It just looks kinda under-developed to me. I would just keep it warm. Make sure it doesn't break that blood vessel, it could bleed out. I would put the whole think in a cushioned, paper towel lined cup so it can finish absorbing without being allowed to move. If it moves it might rip that vessel. Something like this. These quail chicks hatched with unabsorbed yolk sacks, so I made these cup things for them in the incubator. Try to make something like these.View attachment 2080270View attachment 2080272
Okay thank you, this is really handy. How will I know when she’s fully absorbed anything, and how long shall I leave her in the incubator for now (hatched at around 8 this morning)?

Okay thank you, this is really handy. How will I know when she’s fully absorbed anything, and how long shall I leave her in the incubator for now (hatched at around 8 this morning)?
I'm glad I could help. She will start making lots of vocalizations probably. I would get some warm sterile water, (you could boil some and then let it cool) and mist the vein just a tiny bit to keep it moist. I would leave her in until this evening. I would check on her throughout the day, and then re-asses around 6:30-7:00 or so tonight. You can post back with how she is and we'll go from there. Fingers crossed she heals up really good!

Back
Top Bottom