My Quails droppings, (feces) seem to be foamy, White? Combination? Also, Dead Quail this morning with green dirty bottom?

natyvidal

Songster
5 Years
Mar 1, 2018
Dade City, Florida
Hi Everyone! Well so far my experiment with quails has been successful to a degree. (Never raised quails before.) We are collecting the eggs everyday etc. But, lately their feces are coming with a foamy white texture? All I know is that I see regular feces and then the foamy white stuff attach to it.

Is this normal or something I should be concern with? Also, Today one of the quails turned up dead. Upon inspection realized that the bottom was dirty, and greenish. Like a hunter green color. Now, last fall I treated all of my flock for coccidiosis. Following the treatment with probiotics and oregano oil.

All members seem to be doing well afterward. This winter has been rough on them since we've had colder than usual freezing weather. And although they free range they are having a hard time finding insects etc. I live in Dade City Florida. (Yes, its been cold this year!!!)

Your imput as always is welcome. Thank you. Natalia

PD: I will try and get some pictures later.

What exactly do you feed your birds and how old are they?

Hi everyone. Thank you for your info. Yes, I know that the males ejecting foam from their bottom was a way to identify their sex. Had never seen it in their poop.

Also, I feed them Flock raiser from Purina, 20% Protein. And they are less than a year old.

What about the dead one? Should I be concerned about them getting an infection?

Thank you.

Hi Everyone! Well so far my experiment with quails has been successful to a degree. (Never raised quails before.) We are collecting the eggs everyday etc. But, lately their feces are coming with a foamy white texture? All I know is that I see regular feces and then the foamy white stuff attach to it.

Is this normal or something I should be concern with? Also, Today one of the quails turned up dead. Upon inspection realized that the bottom was dirty, and greenish. Like a hunter green color. Now, last fall I treated all of my flock for coccidiosis. Following the treatment with probiotics and oregano oil.

All members seem to be doing well afterward. This winter has been rough on them since we've had colder than usual freezing weather. And although they free range they are having a hard time finding insects etc. I live in Dade City Florida. (Yes, its been cold this year!!!)

Your imput as always is welcome. Thank you. Natalia

PD: I will try and get some pictures later.
First sorry for your loss
Second the foamy poop is from your boys
Third I give mine extra protein in the winter cause they burn so much of it to stay warm you may want to give them extra protein

Back
Top Bottom