My Qual coop on youtube! ( built it myself! )

I'm at Thompson Rivers just finishing my last year in Animal Health Technology (ie. veterinary technitian) No time for hunting or much of anything really while I'm in school, I'm usually putting in 10-12 hour days or more just at our school. I'm not much for bear hunting - I've eaten bear before but don't care much for it, I only really hunt stuff that I eat other than shooting the odd fox or coyote off my back porch on the farm and I've shot a bear once in our yard that was getting agressive. I'm from up north so all we really have up there for big ungulates is moose so my stepdad and I sometimes try to get one for the freezer, but my parents started raising their own beef so we havn't had to hunt as much as we used to. I plan to move to Prince George where I have family and I'll probably end up hunting deer at that point too, but mostly I just hunt birds because I enjoy it - I eat what i shoot but they don't exactly fill the freezer LOL. Geese are my favorite.

I'm at Thompson Rivers just finishing my last year in Animal Health Technology (ie. veterinary technitian) No time for hunting or much of anything really while I'm in school, I'm usually putting in 10-12 hour days or more just at our school. I'm not much for bear hunting - I've eaten bear before but don't care much for it, I only really hunt stuff that I eat other than shooting the odd fox or coyote off my back porch on the farm and I've shot a bear once in our yard that was getting agressive. I'm from up north so all we really have up there for big ungulates is moose so my stepdad and I sometimes try to get one for the freezer, but my parents started raising their own beef so we havn't had to hunt as much as we used to. I plan to move to Prince George where I have family and I'll probably end up hunting deer at that point too, but mostly I just hunt birds because I enjoy it - I eat what i shoot but they don't exactly fill the freezer LOL. Geese are my favorite.

10-12 hours
barnie.gif
Hahaha i can barelly last 6 ;). Do you have a dog for your upland/ waterfowl hunting?, and if you already havent you should check out this forum :
http://www.huntingbc.ca its all about hunting, fishing, camping, ect, ect, ect. Make sure to give me a shout if you sign up, my user is
Bc Deer Hunter. Oh and thanks for the sub on youtube i checked out your channel and i was stuned at what you taught ''Brita'' to do!
thumbsup.gif
its truely amazing!! She is a smart little cookie ;) talk to you later.

I have had the opportunity to hunt over some amazing dogs but havn't hunted over my own dog - one day maybe. I enjoy dog training (As a matter of fact my whole weekend including Friday I spent at an animal behaviour seminar with Sophia Yin, one of the most innovative animal behaviourists in the world!) I used to use my quail a lot for doing dog training exercises with my retriever but he wasn't bred to be a hunter and I didn't really know what I was doing, we were just having fun. We had a 16 acre lot beside us that was overgrown with trees etc and I would let 20 coturnix loose all over in the morning, then go in there with the dog and pick them up. of course they walked all over by then but he found every single one and retrieved them (they didn't fly, he just caught them and brought them back! Not a feather out of place either :)

Yeah in our program we take about 10-14 classes per semester and we are also responsible for looking after 20 cats and 15 dogs that live at our clinic with us ever semester so we literally do nothing but school. At the end of two years it turns out we are only four credits short of a degree so we're basically doing double the courseload. the quail I have now I hatched in an incubator i built for my Animal Sciences class and we've been using them for labs and such too. I'm looking to sell the rest of them in the next few weeks if you have any desire for some coturnix - 2 males and four females.

Back
Top Bottom