My Quilting Projects..well, some of them (Added More Pics)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
I wanted to show some folks who are thinking about taking up quilting what can be done by just about anyone. All the projects here are handpieced and handquilted (no machine). I have recently been gifted a computerized sewing machine and am learning to piece with that and it's so much faster, but all the pics were done completely by hand and the projects span from the 80's till just a few years ago. Some have been sold and are in their new homes now.
DCP_3520.jpg

DCP_3158.jpg

DCP_3105.jpg

DCP_3108.jpg

DCP_1261.jpg

DCP_0592.jpg

Dcp00631.jpg

Dcp00737.jpg

Dcp00641.jpg

Dcp00618.jpg

ColorSquares.jpg

DCP_1250.jpg

Dcp00624.jpg

Dcp00622.jpg

Last edited:
Very, very nice Cynthia!!! Is the one with the pink border swap blocks? They are all so different I thought they might be from swaps, it's pretty, well, they all are but I like the country look of that one.
smile.png

WOW ... they are Gorgeous.

I've been looking at the quilting threads trying to get my motivation up. I have 6 piecework's to quilt. I have not touched them in two years ... eakes!

Thanks all. No, Darlene, that unfinished one is one I did after I saw a huge one in a quilt shop, all 8" blocks, no sashings, that took me ages to look over and see all the details in. I like quilts that make you really look awhile to "read the story". I didn't give any regard to a color scheme, just put each one together and chose color for just that block at that time. Then I arranged them till I liked the arrangement and put it together.

I appreciate the compliments. These are not perfect, but they show that someone who doesn't even sew can still learn to quilt. I do wish I had pictures of the ones I completed before the digital camera was popular. I had a friend who used to make brooms at these country fairs and he would take some of my quilted items around and sell them along with his brooms. Some of those, I do have old 3x5 pics of and maybe I can scan them somehow.

Back
Top Bottom