My Rhode Island Red Layed this...

Interesting Fact: it also broke another egg... oof... also, Scarlett is my Rhode Island Red, one of my two pullets at the moment laying eggs. One more thing, it’s exactly 3 and a half inches longView attachment 1907065 View attachment 1907061
Hi there. That's one gigantic egg, sister:), even my Pekin ducks would be embarrassed to compete with it. Two of my RIR pullets have started dropping "quail" eggs; so I won't shame them or myself by any comparison with pics. However, my Red Stars would be "in the mix" - those girls are tuff with their jumbo eggs. I love them all and congratulate you on this dinosaur whopper. Keep up the egg-cellent output. You and your girl deserve a ribbon.

View attachment 1907698
I had one that large from my Plymouth Blue Rock and it was this triple yolk. Her next egg was a double yolk. Made for a full breakfast for the two of us.
WOW! That's crazy - three yolks? WOW!! What are you feeding them? Where do I purchase it? You've set my curiosity aflame. I'd like to buy some quickly. BTW - Thank you for the pics.

Back
Top Bottom