My roo's feet have been pecked

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mommaluvschickens, Mar 8, 2008.

1. mommaluvschickens

mommaluvschickens New Egg

Mar 5, 2008
    Southeast TN
    [​IMG]

My Sultan Roo has been pecked really bad on the foot. His feathers all almost gone and he is bleeding. I started the flock on Sunday and it contained 5 buttercups and 2 white giants and the roo. The roo was new to these birds but the gals had been together. One buttercup pecked him @ first but then stopped. But it had started again this AM.

I introduced a dominecker on wed. to the group. But this morning , I gave all but 1 buttercup to a fellow farmer. They were not very nice. The girls are laying. I am sure they are stressed but I am getting great eggs!

Please advise

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I would move the roo into a cage or pen for a little alone time. Let his feet heal, rinse them off... and he should be fine!

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    to stop the bleeding use cornstartch or all purpose four it should stop within a minute or 2. wait about 5 min or so after it stops and rince it off do as sugested in previous post also seperate till healed.
    silkie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by