My Rooster died in his sleep

GardenCatCottag

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 18, 2012
LaMarque,Tx
Our neighbor chicken sat for us while we were away and everything seemed to go well. The Rooster had a weak crow when we got back so I thought he may have strained his voice. The I didnt her him crow anymore but I didnt think anything about it. This morning I found him dead in the run in the spot where he always slept. He was a young Frizle rooster maybe 8 months. old.

What do you think happened to him? I love my chickens and I am new to this, I feel terrible.

I don't know what happened to your rooster but the only time a friend with a small flock lost chickens was when she was on vacation. She had 2 die. She never lost another one. Sometimes you just don't know why they die.

Our neighbor chicken sat for us while we were away and everything seemed to go well. The Rooster had a weak crow when we got back so I thought he may have strained his voice. The I didnt her him crow anymore but I didnt think anything about it. This morning I found him dead in the run in the spot where he always slept. He was a young Frizle rooster maybe 8 months. old.

What do you think happened to him? I love my chickens and I am new to this, I feel terrible.
I'm wondering why he always slept in the run and not inside the coop?
If he was eating and drinking normally, and only 8 months old, it's tough to guess why he died. I'd say it's failure to thrive.
Sorry for your loss.

hu.gif
Sometimes chickens die for no reason. Did you see any wounds or signs of feather loss on him?

I would put him in the coop but he always wanted to stay down in the run. Which ever hen he was romancing would join him down there in his bachelor pad at night. During the day all of them free range in the yard.

I would put him in the coop but he always wanted to stay down in the run. Which ever hen he was romancing would join him down there in his bachelor pad at night. During the day all of them free range in the yard.

Back
Top Bottom