Rooster not crowing. Standing around.

Hopefully he'll be able to eat better. I'd hold a shallow cup of the dry feed for him to peck out of. Probably movement of the head makes his wattles hurt, but do the best you can.
Drinking is good! Electrolytes are a good idea too.
Keeping him where it's warmer is better too.

Gave him dose 1 of erythromycin this am. Got some food in him with syringe. More than i had been able to previously. Got some water in him. Hes just hanging out. No better but not worse. Its been 11 days since i heard him crow.

At this point though i feel like if it was some kind of major illness he'd be gone already. My biggest fear now is that he starves to death. Hes just all feathers. Hes so skinny underneath.

Have the wattles turned color any more?

I'm not sure what's going on with him. Did you see any lice/mites when you were examining him?
They look about the same except they do look less swollen but the purple looks more black now. Unaffected parts are still bright red. No lice or mites that i saw and his skin looks good. His feet look good and the color there is fine. He pooped today. And hes drinking out of the waterer. About an hour ago I put food near his beak and he pecked at it and looked interested but didnt really eat any. He looks alert still.
Poop pic incoming.

Edit. Not sure why this message came up in my notifications as a new one. Ita from monday lol. Oops. Sorry.

Attachments

• 20240113_181256.jpg
    20240113_181256.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 4
Are there other roosters?

Putting him back may boost his moral, but I'd also access daily to see how his comb/wattles are healing. The wattles look like they still have some fluid and that may dry up or they may start oozing before they dry up, he will likely lose the bottoms of his wattles and of course the frostbit areas of the comb will dry up and round off as well - hard to know if there will be oozing or not at this point.
You'll want to watch that the hens do not pick at his comb or wattles.

Back
Top Bottom