Rooster not crowing. Standing around.

There are 2 other roos who are stilk cockerels. One is about 2 1/2 months the other is 2 months. I am looking to rehome them.

Yeah i was wondering if i should wait till his wattles were dryed up. They are getting less puffy every day. Hes definitely going to be in through the weekend and early next week. Thanks.

Update.
His wattles are looking much less swollen now and indont notice any oozing. Although they do seem wet sometimes. I cant tell if thats from drinking. Hes eating constantly now. Like every time i loom at the baby monitor he is pecking in his food dish lol. But he basically has nothing else to do so im wondering if thats why. Hes drinking a fair amount to.

20240119_183216.jpg 20240119_183207.jpg

I've noticed my roosters eat little bits at a time, so he may eat a few bites, then wander around and eat some more.
They don't seem to chow down a lot a time like hens do.

The wattles may be just wet from drinking, they are quite long aren't they. Swelling going down is good.
Eating is good.

Do you think we need to reintroduce him slowly or can we just put him back in? Wednesday we are back in the 60s day and 50s night. High of 73 friday.

We have a little coop and covered run attached to the big coop for broodys that is currently not in use.
I've noticed my roosters eat little bits at a time, so he may eat a few bites, then wander around and eat some more.
They don't seem to chow down a lot a time like hens do.

The wattles may be just wet from drinking, they are quite long aren't they. Swelling going down is good.
Eating is good.

Do you think we need to reintroduce him slowly or can we just put him back in? Wednesday we are back in the 60s day and 50s night. High of 73 friday.

We have a little coop and covered run attached to the big coop for broodys that is currently not in use.
If going back to his normal flock of hens, usually re-introduction is not needed.

I would however be cautious, especially if the wattles still have some fluid and are not dried up yet. The hens may pick at his Frostbitten tissue and damage him further.

Oh, I'd get him outside. If you have a separate broody coop where he can be by himself that would be a good idea. See how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom