my rooster has bumblefoot, i wanna know if it's infected one or non infection bumblefoot, if it's non infection what happends if dont treat it?

The oil penetrates the scale through the natural cracks and crevices, occupying the space that the mites are living in under the surface of your bird's skin. This forces the mites to vacate the premises or suffocate. Win-win for your flock. Either the mites die, or they go bye-bye.
How long does it takes for the mites to go then? I haven't noticed a difference yet, do I need to do this for 2 months or something?

you won't really know when they are gone exactly, because the raised scales have to fall off (which can take months) and the skin heal and new scales grow. It is only when the new scales grow back nice and flat that you know the mites are gone. By which time you might have a new infestation, or still battling the original one.

The best advice I think, is to do the oil treatment fairly frequently for a few weeks, then just do it once a fortnight as a prevention treatment/to catch any remaining mites.

I don't know if you can find Ivermectin in Pakistan, but it is effective against chicken mites. If you have a store that sells medicine for farm animals, look for Ivermectin paste, used to treat horses, cows, and goats. You can also find Ivermectin pour-on, but in this country it's much more expensive than a tube of paste.

Anyway, either kind of Ivermectin can be used to get rid of mites. Rub a thin film of the paste or the pour-on on the chicken's feet. The pour-on can also be rubbed into the skin under the chicken's wings to kill roundworms, lice, and other parasites.

I don't know if you can find Ivermectin in Pakistan, but it is effective against chicken mites. If you have a store that sells medicine for farm animals, look for Ivermectin paste, used to treat horses, cows, and goats. You can also find Ivermectin pour-on, but in this country it's much more expensive than a tube of paste.

Anyway, either kind of Ivermectin can be used to get rid of mites. Rub a thin film of the paste or the pour-on on the chicken's feet. The pour-on can also be rubbed into the skin under the chicken's wings to kill roundworms, lice, and other parasites.
i recently posted about my rooster yawning and i think it's a ear infection but i heard that is used to kill gapeworm so if he doesn't have ear infection and has gapeworm i will see if i can find it, just a question, r u from pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom