MY ROOSTER HAS PINK LEGS.

Lovemy-Chickies

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 11, 2014

Could someone tell me if something is wrong. He seems to want to stand on one leg at the time only,. It look bloody around the scales on top of his legs. In case I need to treat him, I also need to know how to catch him and handle him He's not too aggressive, but he'll go for my calf sometimes when I turn around. He is a french copper maran and the girls that I have from the same breed, have white legs, nothing as pink as these legs

It looks like this could be scaly leg mites (barring injury or pecking).

If it's mites, you'll have to treat the whole flock, change the bedding out, and Sevin dust three times, seven days apart to kill any mites or eggs in the coop.

Go with me on this:

Day 1: Dip legs in gasoline... DIP, not brush or wipe on. Let legs air dry. The gasoline gets under the scales and kills the mites AND the eggs. Apply A&D oiintment to legs.

Day 2: A&D ointment... No gasoline.

Day 3: Repeat Day 1.

I would Sevin dust the chickens as well when you do the coop, just to be sure. :)

Keep us updated!

MrsB

As for catching and handling, any treatment is best done as the sun sets and the chickens roost. This way, they will be calmer and struggle a bit less.

MrsB

Hey Dawg53 thank you,
This makes more sense as none of the other chickens have anything like it. I'll post a couple more pictures as I noticed bleeding on the top of one leg. Why do you think that is?

Back
Top Bottom