My rooster is dieing and I have no idea why!

I assume he has them but maybe hidden in the comb somewhere?? This is his normal comb, it is not swollen. I am thinking maybe because his comb is like this it is harder for him to breathe and when he is active or it is hot, he might have trouble??? But his comb didn't look any larger or swollen at all. But he is totally back to his normal self now and was not having any problems breathing at all like last night. It is the weirdest thing!

If his nostrils are blocked, he's probably not going to eat much. I think you really need to probe around for those nostrils. Can he breathe with his mouth shut?

Quote:
Last night, no he couldn't he was mouth breathing. But today he was breathing fine with his mouth shut. He is still doing good and is nothing like he was last night. The way he was acting last night he was next to death. Maybe he was overheated and dehydrated and the electrolytes helped to perk him up and then he was stronger to start eating again which he has been eating his normal today. I sure hope it doesn't happen again because he really scared me into thinking he was not going to make it. I knew when he woke me up this morning at 5 am by crowing that it was a good sign!
wink.png

Jerseygirl...LOL...it could be! He did burp last night!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom