My rooster keeps attacking me!!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
He's still a cockerel.
Get a roo that will teach him respect.

cute-kangaroo-with-boxing-gloves-vector-20204307(1).jpg

I’ve had one rooster before and he treated me exactly like my hens do. He was an RIR and very sweet. If the rooster cost good money then you could sell him for good money, and buy a sweet one with some of that money.
View attachment 2521506
I raise RIR's. I love them. Here are a few of my cockerels.
2014-10-07 11.26.20.jpg
This is Wallace.
2015-04-29 14.42.07Rev1.jpg

you sound like a real chicken raiser with experince because most people on here said they just procces him wiht the first attack when thats giving up
Not the first attack. They get one shot after the first attack. They mess it up, dinner time. You shouldn't have to tolerate that behavior if you don't have to. I know I wouldn't. And smacking him isn't going to do anything more than make him more aggressive. It's not giving up, it's just not putting up with unnecessary behavior.

starting over is the same deal buddy they all attack you
Well "buddy" Starting over is what I did and guess what it worked I had an aggressive rooster as a chick i didn't handle him and he got to the point where i wasn't allowed near the coop so i sent him to a friend to kill him for thanksgiving and I bought pullets and 1 rooster I marked the rooster so I would know which one to handle the most and guess what that bird is a cuddle bug he is sweet with the girls and loves when I hold him

more like taking a big stick and knocking the fool out of him when he attacks u but not trying to injure him that bad just u knw like a spanking
I dont have time for that and if i dont counterattack then hes basically bulling me and thats showing weakness so he will keep atackking me forever because he knws he can always attack me and I will not doanything
Well attacking him back won't teach him any better.

As on the picture I take care of this rooster I paid good money for him and hes healthy .I cant just end his life .Then I have to start all over who isgoing to fetilize my eggs.
I completely understand. I would do a lot of research and start taking a more dominant role. See if you can be a real rooster whisperer and change him - nothing is impossible i guess. Maybe this will be a good learning experience and help you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom