My roosters acting weird

Out of the assortment of Rooster Booster vitamin and mineral supplements, I've only seen one that contains vitamin b1 and it was in pellet form. I made the assumption that it's likely not the one he has on hand...because isn't that the way it usually goes? šŸ˜‚
Yeah it can work that way sometimes.

Rooster Booster offers three products which contain B1, they are Poultry Cell (liquid), Poultry Booster (top dressing) and Vitamins and Electrolytes (powder).
Rooster Booster Liquid B12 is just B12.

That said, it's often just easier to get a bottle of B-Complex from WalMart :)

I apologize for not being more detailed in my first response - my bad. Thiamine is b1, I believe RoosterBooster is b12. You'll need to try giving him b1 or b complex vitamin (something with b1 in it). You can crack a human b complex or b1 vitamin in half and give him that if that's all you have. Then also try to get some RoosterBooster in him as well as some water if he isn't drinking.

No worries. I just double checked the rooster booster and it has thiamine as well as b6 and b2 . I fed him more raw egg mixed with rooster booster again this morning. He seems to be standing up taller today. Last night he was very low to the ground. I've been sprinkling the powder straight onto the egg. I also gave him fresh clean water and some game bird starter in a dish in case he will eat on his own. That's all I have other than the layer feed. I also added some bsfl. He pooped a little runny mostly urates( the white stuff) but he finally has pooped something noticeable.

Attachments

• 16680835510344325725952417202972.jpg
    16680835510344325725952417202972.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I never knew there was more than one type. This is the one I have on hand its supposed to be mixed in water.

Attachments

• 16680838266624539911028463584449.jpg
    16680838266624539911028463584449.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 3
Please post some photos of his poop in good lighting.

Thank you.
His poop yesterday was very small like a chicks poop. This morning after his 2nd feeding of some raw egg. He isn't tolerating much food. he pooped some watery urates(the white stuff) but I didn't get a picture.

His poop yesterday was very small like a chicks poop. This morning after his 2nd feeding of some raw egg. He isn't tolerating much food. he pooped some watery urates(the white stuff) but I didn't get a picture.
Try offering him a little wet feed.
See that he's drinking well and that his crop is emptying.

A lot of urates can indicate dehydration.

Thiamine or B1 is not the vitamin that is important in leg health in chickens. Riboflavin or B 2 is something that may be deficient, and causes sitting or walking on hocks and curled under toes. Human super B or B complex has all b vitamins. 1/4 tablet up to 1/2 tablet daily crushed in a spoonful of water or a bit of food is all that is needed.

Try offering him a little wet feed.
See that he's drinking well and that his crop is emptying.

A lot of urates can indicate dehydration.
He isn't eating or drinking on his own. I'm syringe feeding him multiple times a day started last night. I'm feeding him Raw egg and rooster booster. I'm also trying to syringe feed him wet food. He has a water bowl and food bowl with him at all times but he not touching it. His crop is not full.

Thiamine or B1 is not the vitamin that is important in leg health in chickens. Riboflavin or B 2 is something that may be deficient, and causes sitting or walking on hocks and curled under toes. Human super B or B complex has all b vitamins. 1/4 tablet up to 1/2 tablet daily crushed in a spoonful of water or a bit of food is all that is needed.
The supplement I'm going has b1 b2 and b6

Has he pooped any more? Photos?

Have you ever treated for worms?
Is his crop emptying?

Do you have a parent, friend or family member that can help you with accessing him?
I treated everyone for worms twice in September. One of my hens had round worm.
Crop isn't full. It's empty.
He finally had a significant sized poop this morning. This is a picture with the flash on. Still not eating on his own

My husband is helping me the best we can.
His comb and waddles are still red and not droopy. His breathing sounds normal. No nasal draining. No mites or lice. No signs of worms in poop. Doesn't have diarrhea or yellow cocci poop.

All my hens are eating and active. No drop in egg production. No signs of worms or cocci poop in them either.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom